USA Today Article | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

USA Today Article

Pure garbage.

Yeah, lets move Monday Night Football to Thursday and make teams play short weeks EVERY week. :rolleyes:

I don't like the non-AFC/NFC designation either. If you're like me (living in Tampa), it means that you'll be missing more Dolphins games. Nor do I like pushing the games back or expanding the playoffs.

Please NFL, things are fine the way they are. And you're making tons of money. Don't mess with us anymore.

I can barely wait until 1 o'clock starts now....please don't move it to two....

Originally posted by inFINSible
I can barely wait until 1 o'clock starts now....please don't move it to two....

the only thing with that would be i won't wake up early on sundays and not go back to sleep in "fear" that i will miss 1pm

What's that ole saying, "If it ain't broke, don't f*** with it!"

For those of us who go to late worship on Sundays or anyone outside of the East Coast, the 2/5 start times are attractive. I hate the Thursday idea though and think the coaches will hate it even more.

I also heard something a few months ago about there being two Monday Night games at the same time, that way the Network could decide which one to show. This would prevent scenarios where halfway through the season there's two 2-6 teams playing and nobody watches it. (except real fans like me).

I think that'd be gay.

HOW ABOUT FRIDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL!!! The start of a GREAT WEEK END!!!!!

I like things the way they are. I don't really like the idea of pushing back games an hour, but I can understand why people would want it because the start time is very early for those on the West Coast. However, the other ideas are really stupid. Thursday night football? Are you kidding me?

I hope no changes are made. I like 1 PM kickoffs. I like Monday Night Football. I don't want any of that to change.

being from the west coast I like the idea. Because damn our game start at 10am. After a long night of partying and to the bar you're drunk from Sat night through Sunday night with no sleep for 2 days because of Sunday night football.

Originally posted by REAL DEAL

I think Saturday would be better all around.

Originally posted by REAL DEAL

Friday and Sat night are the worst times for ratings on TV. Most people work M-F and use Fri and Sat as there time to unwind. Sunday and Monday are perfect becuase most people are recovering from a fun weekend on Sunday, and use Monday night football as a way to unwind after going back to work on Monday. there is nothing wrong with the structure of the NFL as far as TV besides the fact that with the lack of consistent dominate teams it is harder to gaurntee the Monday night match up will be intrigueing, but unless you like that Elf looking Bi@tch and the whiney Raymond there is nothing else worth watching on Monday even if it is a game between 2 nothing teams.

Friday night football will always be a high school football night. If you are not enjoying your local high school games, I would suggest you haven't given them a chance in awhile. I take my wife and the youngest and we have a blast. It's a relatively inexpensive night of family fun.

Saturday is owned by college. You do not want football viewership having to decide whether to watch their school or the NFL. Most will decide to watch their school. The college graduate is the demographic that the advertisers desire.

Originally posted by Amars
being from the west coast I like the idea. Because damn our game start at 10am. After a long night of partying and to the bar you're drunk from Sat night through Sunday night with no sleep for 2 days because of Sunday night football.
If you can't get up by 10:00 , thats your problem.
I live in the west, and I like waking up to football.
They should stick with same times.

Back
Top Bottom