USA Today - Tannehill a tier 4 QB (below average) NO WAY | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

USA Today - Tannehill a tier 4 QB (below average) NO WAY

No. I'm an Administrator.

:lol: ... And you're pink.

Thanks for handling that I was busy watching the guardians. Good movie...

Anyways, Tannehill is tier 2. End of thread

Why do you guys always try to compare him to the elites? Its pretty simple, if you swapped Tannehill and Brees our recrd would be better and theirs would be worse. If you don't agree then you are saying Tannehill and Brees are equals, effectively saying Tannehill is elite. But "nobody has ever called him elite" so that can't be the point you are trying to make.

Chargers passing offense
oianue.png

Saints Passing offense
e3j2t.jpg

Dolphins passing offense (*until Tannehill got hurt in 2016)
fm3yty.png

Bottom Line: over Tannehill's 7-1 run, he's played like a high level 2/low level 1QB. If your name's not "Tom Brady" you're gonna have some stumbles along the way.. vis a vis Brees, Luck, Melty, and yes Rodgers, etc.

If RT17 can either maintain the equivalent of a half year's performance level or add to it with enough wins to justify Tier 1 inclusion over the next year, then there's no reason not to include him.

I can't believe after Tannehills best season we are still debating him as below average\average. He was no doubt a top 15 QB last season. Below average shouldn't even be whispered

Why do you guys always try to compare him to the elites? Its pretty simple, if you swapped Tannehill and Brees our recrd would be better and theirs would be worse. If you don't agree then you are saying Tannehill and Brees are equals, effectively saying Tannehill is elite. But "nobody has ever called him elite" so that can't be the point you are trying to make.

Chargers passing offense
oianue.png

Saints Passing offense
e3j2t.jpg

Dolphins passing offense (*until Tannehill got hurt in 2016)
fm3yty.png

Pick an arugument and stick with it roy. Either QBWINz> all else, or passing rank > QBWINz.

and the dolphins had more wins than the chargers and the saints last year despite having similar issues on defense and being ranked worse in the passing game, not sure you can explain that without looking like a fool with your pants on the ground.

I can't believe after Tannehills best season we are still debating him as below average\average. He was no doubt a top 15 QB last season. Below average shouldn't even be whispered

The Sam Bradford fan can make the exact same argument. It rings false when you try to argue he's better than Dalton based off last season and better than Bradford based on career and he's better than Cousins because Cousins is BLECH and he's better than Alex Smith based on ceiling and he's better than Carr because Carr still needs to prove it and he's better than Wilson because Wilson has a better team and he's better than Brees based on win/loss, etc, etc.

I think we need a baseline on how we are ranking QBs. In the past it was wins. It was passer rating. Now its passing ranked offense. How are we judging Tannehill? He won. Had a high passer rating. Carried the team to wins. Hes penalized now for not playing in the playoff game as well when people say he didn't win in the playoffs.

Pick an arugument and stick with it roy. Either QBWINz> all else, or passing rank > QBWINz.

and the dolphins had more wins than the chargers and the saints last year despite having similar issues on defense and being ranked worse in the passing game, not sure you can explain that without looking like a fool with your pants on the ground.

If you'll notice, the QBs from those graphs that correlate to top 10 team passing rankings over several seasons all have winning career records. Pretty sure you'd find that to be the case for every top QB/passing offense. Coininkydink?

And I'm still waiting for an explanation for how it is every elite QB in the league today has a winning record before answering the "but how is it Brees had a losing season" question.

The Sam Bradford fan can make the exact same argument. It rings false when you try to argue he's better than Dalton based off last season and better than Bradford based on career and he's better than Cousins because Cousins is BLECH and he's better than Alex Smith based on ceiling and he's better than Carr because Carr still needs to prove it and he's better than Wilson because Wilson has a better team and he's better than Brees based on win/loss, etc, etc.

I think that the objective ones amongst us would agree that relatively speaking, Tannehill is much better as a QB than your crush Philbin was as an HC (and also as an OLC)

If you'll notice, the QBs from those graphs that correlate to top 10 team passing rankings over several seasons all have winning career records. Pretty sure you'd find that to be the case for every top QB/passing offense. Coininkydink?

And I'm still waiting for an explanation for how it is every elite QB in the league today has a winning record before answering the "but how is it Brees had a losing season" question.

They've also been in the league long enough that having a few losing seasons doesn't sway that. So what if Tannehill's losing seasons simply were at the start of his career and not the tailend?

Brees was also 33-31 after 5 seasons which is nearly identical...

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

Context :up:

Back
Top Bottom