USA v Japan Women's World Cup Finals | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

USA v Japan Women's World Cup Finals

Wow. What a game. It's not hard to figure out why the United States lost.. missed opportunities. We could've had about 4 or 5 goals in just the first half but nothing would go in for whatever reason. The missed chance that really sticks out to me is the Wambach shot that went off the bottom of the crossbar and then bounced out.

All I really take out of this is that women's soccer can be exciting and that we had a hell of a team. That match against Brazil will be a game that I'll remember for a long time, even though the tournament didn't turn out the way we had all hoped.

Congratulations to Japan. They're a country that really deserved and needed this. They never quit in the game today, just like the United States never quit in the game against Brazil. Coming into the tournament, I never would've guessed them to win it, or even be in the final. Hopefully Wambach will get another chance to play in a World Cup in 2015.

I'm not even a soccer but I watched the end of the game and tell me why did I get mad when we lost? :lol:

That was some of the worst penalty kicks I've seen on the professional level. Not to take anything away from Japan's keeper, she was brilliant. I just don't see how you overshoot the goal by 5 feet like the second kicker did. Or how you don't shoot for the outer edges of the goals like the first and third kicker. Wambach nailed hers, but everything else was simply horrible...

That was some of the worst penalty kicks I've seen on the professional level. Not to take anything away from Japan's keeper, she was brilliant. I just don't see how you overshoot the goal by 5 feet like the second kicker did. Or how you don't shoot for the outer edges of the goals like the first and third kicker. Wambach nailed hers, but everything else was simply horrible...

[youtube]fpbkRApq9qY[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpbkRApq9qY

Remember watching that game. Was quite a boring final. That miss from Baggio is a classical example of even the best of players letting the pressure of the moment get to them. And Baggio was one hell of a player.

As for the Women's World Cup, considering what Japan has been through in recent months, its hard to begrudge them taking the trophy.

Remember watching that game. Was quite a boring final. That miss from Baggio is a classical example of even the best of players letting the pressure of the moment get to them. And Baggio was one hell of a player.

As for the Women's World Cup, considering what Japan has been through in recent months, its hard to begrudge them taking the trophy.

No doubt. I didn't find myself nearly as upset as I should have been that we lost. That team deserved it, and the country itself needed a win in something...

Back
Top Bottom