USAToday Dolphin Team Report - QB's, Salary Cap, Ogun, etc. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

USAToday Dolphin Team Report - QB's, Salary Cap, Ogun, etc.

I think that's a negative article with little reason to be so negative. There are many possibilities to upgrade the position and the Dolphins can make the moves they need to improve if they want to do it.

I just can't see putting another season on the shoulders of Jay Fiedler.

Can't happen.

well, i for one would not be unhappy to see fiedler back and Rivers drafted. i think it puts us in as good a seat as anything else that is realistic. If we were to get Henson or Ramsey, then fiedler wont be back. If nothing happens in the next week or two, then JF culd restructure and we will go into the draft looking at QB with our 1st pick. I dont think the article was negative at all. its only negative in your eyes cus JF would be back.

If we miss out on Brunell and Henson, Fiedler will be starting in 2004 for the Phinz....

We'll then be holding our breath, and praying that QB P. Rivers falls to #20.....

I like the idea of drafting Rivers, but starting Feidler again is a big risk. The minute the final decision is made by Dave and Rick, and if it's Fiedler again, fans will be dropping like flies....

We're tired of the same old. Fiedler is the same old....

YES TO RIVERS!!!:m83:

PHINZ RULE!!!:fire:

What they said about Wanstedt needing to make it deep into the playoffs in order to keep his job makes me nervous. I hope the team really doesn't have this mentality. I don't want to be a team with a constant 'win now' philosophy. It only leads to a dark future. Ask the Raiders. I may be the only fan that feels this way, but I don't care if we make the playoffs in 2005. It'd be nice. But as long as they show a signifigant effort to change things, like getting a future QB, another WR and even some youth on Defense, I'd be happy. I've been a Dolphins fan for a long time and our fans are such cry babies. I bet a Cardinals or Lions fan would kill to have a team as good as ours.

He never said Jay would be back, he said in the end he could be our best option. Then he goes on to say that things would be even worse if they did bring him back, which effectively means he's saying Jay may even be the best option left but he still won't be brought back.

Articles such as these tell nothing to the die-hard fans most of us are. They just regurgitate the same tired speculations and "news" every other large news source does.

I hate when i read articles like that and they dont have the right facts. ANd they get paid to write these things. We did not draft Wade Smith with our third pick did we. I thought he went in like the 5th or 6th round. I maybe wrong but i dont think so.

Never mind now i look like the ***. I guess we did get him in the 3rd what a waste of a third round pick. Maybe they should get paid to do this article. Even though Washington hasnt finalized nothing yet so i dont know why they act like we still have no chance with Mark

nope we got him in the 3rd.....we actually gave away our 2nd rounder this year to move to that spot (for last year) to get him. btw, guess who we traded it to and they now have 4 picks in the first 2 rounds.....the pats

LT W. Smith was not a waste, he was a rookie.....

Give him a break. He did a very good job all things considered. In a few years, he may be one of the best OL players we have, so until then, just cut him some slack....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Originally posted by Brad528
I hate when i read articles like that and they dont have the right facts. ANd they get paid to write these things. We did not draft Wade Smith with our third pick did we. I thought he went in like the 5th or 6th round. I maybe wrong but i dont think so.

Wrong about Smith (obviously you know now) however they are wrong about Washington and Brunell. I think it looks even better for Brunell in Miami next year. He wants to go FA and seems like that would lead him here.

Originally posted by PhinKev
I think that's a negative article with little reason to be so negative. There are many possibilities to upgrade the position and the Dolphins can make the moves they need to improve if they want to do it.

I just can't see putting another season on the shoulders of Jay Fiedler.

Can't happen.

Sure it can. It SHOULDN'T happen, but then Wanny shouldn't be our head coach...but he is.

lol, unfortunately the market doesn't have anything better if at all (wanny) but that may change next year with a lot of good coaches possibly going to the market if they don't make the playoffs next year. As for Fiedler....well we all know he ain't the greatest but we may have to settle on keeping him if we can't find anyone better within a reasonable price range.

Back
Top Bottom