USB help | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

USB help

King Felix

live it up have no worries
Reaction score
so my step mom got this little key chain picture thingy where you can put pictures on it, and its a key chain..she wants me to take some pictures from it and save them onto the computer..when i plug it in, nothing shows up on my computer...anyone know how to fix this?

so my step mom got this little key chain picture thingy where you can put pictures on it, and its a key chain..she wants me to take some pictures from it and save them onto the computer..when i plug it in, nothing shows up on my computer...anyone know how to fix this?

I would go into "my computer" and see what external drive shows up

You must have a card reader with all of those drives listed.

Do you know how to check the device manager to see if you need to install a driver for the keychain?

It's possible that Windows is trying to assign the USB keychain a drive letter that already is already assigned to another device (common in XP).

You can fix it by going to Drive Management and simply assigning that 'unassigned' device any available letter.

I'll let somebody else walk you thru that, if that is indeed the case.

It's possible that Windows is trying to assign the USB keychain a drive letter that already is already assigned to another device (common in XP).

You can fix it by going to Drive Management and simply assigning that 'unassigned' device any available letter.

I'll let somebody else walk you thru that, if that is indeed the case.
i goto drive managment and it doesnt even say its connected

DVD DRIVE (D:)
DVD-RW Drive (E:)
Removable Disk(F:)
Removable Disk(G:)
Removable Disk(H:)
Removable Disk(I:)
Removable Disk(J:)

umm those smiley faces are supposed to be like (F : )

And clicking on all of those doesn't yield anything? Usually if you plug in something USB, it'll either recognize it, assign it somewhere where there may be conflict, or detects that it's a new hardware being connected. Do other USB devices work at the same port? If they don't, it's something wrong with your USB port. You can also try a friend's computer to see if it's the device or just your computer.

Got a picture of what it looks like? A brand? I know some SanDisk USB keychains have that issue (the ones with U3 software on it).

Back
Top Bottom