USC player Josh Shaw goes from hero to villain | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

USC player Josh Shaw goes from hero to villain

Daytona Fin

Queeks Draw
Club Member
Reaction score
In a statement, USC says ... "Shaw came to USC athletic department officials this afternoon (Wednesday, Aug. 27) and admitted that he had lied about how he suffered his ankle injuries over the weekend."
"He said that the story he told of rescuing his nephew in a pool in Palmdale, Calif., was a complete fabrication. He apologized for misleading his coaches, teammates, athletic department officials and the public."

USC head football coach Steve Sarkisian also issued a statement ... saying, "We are extremely disappointed in Josh. He let us all down. As I have said, nothing in his background led us to doubt him when he told us of his injuries, nor did anything after our initial vetting of his story."

Sarkisian continued, "I appreciate that Josh has now admitted that he lied and has apologized. Although this type of behavior is out of character for Josh, it is unacceptable. Honesty and integrity must be at the center of our program. I believe Josh will learn from this. I hope that he will not be defined by this incident, and that the Trojan Family will accept his apology and support him."

Sarkisian said that Shaw has been suspended indefinitely from all team activities.

USC says it regrets the posting of the initial story.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/08/27/uscs-josh-shaw-hero-story-is-a-lie-sorry/#ixzz3BdTarr00

48 hours for the best story ever to turn into the weirdest story ever.
And worse yet, maybe the biggest lie ever. USC defensive back and captain Josh Shaw cracking his ankles jumping from a balcony to save his 7 year old nephew from drowning is awesome. Unless he didn’t do it. Which is pretty much what the University said yesterday when officials admitted they’d received “some calls that question the validity of his story.” Uh-oh!!
So that may have never actually happened.
However, and here’s where it gets really interesting…the LA Times reports a man was seen “scampering” across a third floor balconies on the night in question, and a woman there admitted, “That sounds like my boyfriend, Josh Shaw.”
So did he snap his ankles jumping off a balcony trying to save his nephew, or did it happen in an incident involving his girlfriend. We still don’t know.
http://jimrome.com/2014/08/27/josh-shaw-hero-tale/

Word has it he actually jumped off that balcony trying to save Manti Te'o's girlfriend.

Back
Top Bottom