USF To Play At Notre Dame In 2011 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

USF To Play At Notre Dame In 2011

DonShula84

Sporty Don
Reaction score
TAMPA - Seemingly every season, the University of South Florida football program achieves another first. In 2011, the Bulls will make even more history by playing at Notre Dame.
USF will visit the Fighting Irish on Nov. 19, 2011, conference officials familiar with the negotiations told The Tampa Tribune.
The Bulls will become only the third Florida school to play in historic Notre Dame Stadium, in the shadow of Touchdown Jesus. By playing in South Bend, Ind., the Bulls also will make their first national television appearance on NBC.
Notre Dame is the latest in a long line of BCS nonconference opponents - along with Miami, Michigan State, N.C. State, Indiana and Kansas - added to USF's schedule since Doug Woolard became the school's athletic director in 2004.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/jan/23/sp-another-landmark-usf-to-play-at-notre-dame-in-2/

That's fine and dandy, but is ND returning the favor and coming down to Tampa for a return game?

As of right now no. But ND has said they want to play 3 BE teams, so perhaps this will lead to them being one of the three.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did USF do the same thing with Auburn? Sign a contract with no return game? Crap, why do they keep doing that. The AD here at Louisville will not sign any contract with any of the "big" schools unless it includes a return game. No if, ands, or buts. If they "deem" us worth to come play at their place, then we're worthy enough to have them come to our place. Does USF think its going to legitimize them by doing that type of contract? Lets put it this way, do you think Auburn is ever going to sign another contract with USF? I doubt it. All USF got out of it was an away game at a down Auburn team without any return revenue for a home game in Tampa with Auburn. No thanks to that.

I see it as them doing what they have to do to stay relevant and continue to grow their program. They have/had very little to offer bigger programs. But if they can play, and beat bigger schools it keeps them on the map. And I'm sure ND is paying them something for the game. But I understand why an away/home serious would be better.

Well, at least we won't be seeing ND for some time though I rather liked bantering with the Irish fans.

As of right now no. But ND has said they want to play 3 BE teams, so perhaps this will lead to them being one of the three.

Notre Dame is already desperate enough to host USF. Don't hold your breath as far as the Irish ever stepping foot in Tampa.

Notre Dame is already desperate enough to host USF. Don't hold your breath as far as the Irish ever stepping foot in Tampa.

Desperate? What does ND have to be desperate about. They could open a spot in their schedule and have plenty of teams flocking to fill it.

Back
Top Bottom