Ute fans angry at police for electrical shocking | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ute fans angry at police for electrical shocking

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Some Utah fans are upset that police responsible for security at the Fiesta Bowl used 50,0000-volt electric devices to zap fans trying to storm the field after the win.

Arizona State University spokesman Keith Jennings said the use of the weapons was in line with the department's use-of-force policy.

That policy allows officers to use electronic incapacitators anytime a subject is involved in a physical altercation with an officer.

Jennings said two individuals were arrested for scuffling with officers immediately after the game, but he told The Salt Lake Tribune he wasn't sure whether either was among the estimated 24 who were shocked by the devices after Utah's 35-7 win over Pittsburgh in Saturday's Fiesta Bowl.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/ncaa/specials/bowls/2004/01/05/bc.fbc.utahfans.taser.ap/index.html

I think when a team wins the big game like the Fiesta Bowl, the fans should be allowed to celebrate on the field. Just my opinion though!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
I think when a team wins the big game like the Fiesta Bowl, the fans should be allowed to celebrate on the field. Just my opinion though!

And if someone is hurt while doing that should they be prohibited from suing the school, the police or security company that provides security for the stadium?

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Do it at your own discretion!

So when should the school or the ppl who run the stadium get the fans to sign such a document that would remove them from responsibility for that fans possible bodily damage or death? What of the fans parents or family, just how do you get them to sign such documents before hand? Please tell me just how do you suggest we make this fantasy of yours become a real world happening?

I tend to agree with your suggestion here, but LIBERALS/DEM's won't play that game. You do understand the reason this nation is over litigious is because of the LIBERAL mentality and their successful hijacking of the DEM party?

lol no need to get political, all I'm sayin is that if a team wins A BIG GAME, the fans should be allowed to jump on the field. It doesn't mean you have too, you can grab your kids and head for the exit's but for those who want to, they should be allowed too. Whether you have to sign a waiver or they put it on print on the ticket, I see nothing wrong with fans coming on the field to celebrate. The venue shouldn't have anything to worry about as far as weapons as long as they did their job at the door!

BAMAPHIN 22 said:
Some Utah fans are upset that police responsible for security at the Fiesta Bowl used 50,0000-volt electric devices to zap fans trying to storm the field after the win.

Arizona State University spokesman Keith Jennings said the use of the weapons was in line with the department's use-of-force policy.

That policy allows officers to use electronic incapacitators anytime a subject is involved in a physical altercation with an officer.

Jennings said two individuals were arrested for scuffling with officers immediately after the game, but he told The Salt Lake Tribune he wasn't sure whether either was among the estimated 24 who were shocked by the devices after Utah's 35-7 win over Pittsburgh in Saturday's Fiesta Bowl.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/ncaa/specials/bowls/2004/01/05/bc.fbc.utahfans.taser.ap/index.html
there are so many people hurt in fan celebrations and people use that as a reason to let off some steam, after 9/11 i imagine any congregation 10 or more people celebrating could raise some eyebrows on a security force, things aren't the way they used to be.
they can say 9/11 hasn't changed the way we live, but just take a flight somewhere and i say it has! :rolleyes: ;)

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
lol no need to get political, all I'm sayin is that if a team wins A BIG GAME, the fans should be allowed to jump on the field. It doesn't mean you have too, you can grab your kids and head for the exit's but for those who want to, they should be allowed too. Whether you have to sign a waiver or they put it on print on the ticket, I see nothing wrong with fans coming on the field to celebrate. The venue shouldn't have anything to worry about as far as weapons as long as they did their job at the door!

Sorry I went political, but honestly it does come down to that.

I'd love for what you're talking to take place, but we don't live in a world any longer that tolerates things like this any longer.

Back
Top Bottom