Van Exel Now in Play | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Van Exel Now in Play

Miami needs guys to play defense and play roles. Earl Watson is probably the best choice at this point.

I think he is going to retire

with posey,williams, wade, walker and oneil....

i believe the heat dont need anyone....

Nice leader? VanExel? This guy has been a salary cap albatross and thats about it for a good 5 years or so. Extremely overrated player.

SABA-TOOTH said:
with posey,williams, wade, walker and oneil....

i believe the heat dont need anyone....

Without question we need a PG to backup J-Will, preferably one who can play defense and still knock down the outside shot. Van Exel would be a great fit here, but yeah, he may be looking to retire.

One guy I haven't seen mentioned much and he wouldn't cost the entire MLE...Tyronn Lue. Personally, I don't see a better fit. If we sign Lue, we'd probably still have the upper half of the MLE to spend. Think about it. He's 28, he can handle the rock well, he's a good outside shooter, and he's a good defender. He'd compliment J-Will very well defensively, and he's a very unselfish player as well. He's another guy who is the complete opposite of turnover prone. And even though Damon Jones can't play a lick of defense, I still wouldn't mind him back as a backup. My top choice however, might be Earl Watson who can do a little bit of everything and won't b-tch for minutes.

And just to throw it out there, Jeff McInnis is the absolute worst option available.

2 Pistolz said:
Without question we need a PG to backup J-Will, preferably one who can play defense and still knock down the outside shot. Van Exel would be a great fit here, but yeah, he may be looking to retire.

One guy I haven't seen mentioned much and he wouldn't cost the entire MLE...Tyronn Lue. Personally, I don't see a better fit. If we sign Lue, we'd probably still have the upper half of the MLE to spend. Think about it. He's 28, he can handle the rock well, he's a good outside shooter, and he's a good defender. He'd compliment J-Will very well defensively, and he's a very unselfish player as well. He's another guy who is the complete opposite of turnover prone. And even though Damon Jones can't play a lick of defense, I still wouldn't mind him back as a backup. My top choice however, might be Earl Watson who can do a little bit of everything and won't b-tch for minutes.

And just to throw it out there, Jeff McInnis is the absolute worst option available.

I agree with you about Lue. He may not be the best shooter but if forced to choose between him and damon jones I would take Jones. I think Memphis would probably resign watson and even if they didnt he may be looking for more minutes and probably wouldnt be thrilled about playing behind williams again.

McInnis is going to sign with the Nets. I have no idea why the nets would want him since hes not a great fastbreak or passing PG.

Out of all those left out there give me Duhon. Chicago is only offering him in the 2 mil per range so a sign and trade with DJ is an option.

Nick the Quick is still one of my favorite players(ex-Laker:cry:). The man is money in a tight game. If I'm the Heat I grab him.

I choose Lue. I forgot he was a FA. Id sign him over Finley and Van Exel because of the need for D. We need another defensive stopper and thatll give us Anderson, Posey, Lue, and D Wade as our perimeter defense. We need maybe a big PF/small C that can play D and we can cut Doleac and we'd be set. We cant rely on Zo to always be availible when Shaq is out.

Nick the Quick sure bounces around...Lakers, Nuggets, Mavs, Golden State, Portland...have I forgotten anyone?? :lol:

Well Riles mentioned that "the Heat should be able to add a "starter-type" wing player, preferably with size and shooting ability." This according to the Sun-Sentinel:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/basketball/heat/sfl-heat04aug04,0,3020728.story?coll=sfla-sports-heat

If Nick decides to play, would he do so for anything less than the mid-level? I have the feeling that he wants to get paid more than anything else (I hope I'm wrong) and would be out of our range if we use that money elsewhere. The rap on Nick though is that he's a really great player when he's in a winning environment...according to ESPN anyway. Who knows? :tongue: Still, count me in amongst those that would prefer Earl Watson if only because he plays great D, is a good passer and doesn't have a bad rep. At this point, we need humble/team oriented role-players.

We also need a back-up SG. We have no decent backups behind JWil & DWade. I honestly think that Allen Houston would be a great SG pick up at the vet minimum if NY releases him via the amnesty rule.

KuchaMucha said:
We also need a back-up SG. We have no decent backups behind JWil & DWade. I honestly think that Allen Houston would be a great SG pick up at the vet minimum if NY releases him via the amnesty rule.

That is where Micheal Finley fits in

Back
Top Bottom