Vernon Carey - OG, Miami | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vernon Carey - OG, Miami

finsnchips

2005 FinHeaven GM League Champion!!
Reaction score
I think it is becoming increasingly likely that this kid will be playing for us next year.

With us rebuilding our interior Oline, i think it makes sense as well.

Thoughts??

I think he is one of the most NFL reader prospects in the NFL and would be a great investment.

I think we'll address the interior OL in FA. If we fail then he might be a fall back option. As for NFL ready, I've heard some questions about his work ethic. If motivated, though, he is a road grader.

Not at the 20th pick. At least I hope not. If we get two picks in the first....maybe he's the second.

His knee is a concern, along with our overwheliming need for a 2nd playmaking wide receiver. The "local boy comes home" angle is sweet, but I don't see it happening.

Agreed Doc. I watch all the Canes games and while he can be dominating, he (like lots of his teamates) seemed to take plays off. The Canes line was not that good this year. And more than once I saw Vernon limping around.
I'd much rather have a WR.

It depends on who we get in Free Agency, if we get a second #1 for Ogun, and who is still available when we pick. I agree he could be our second #1 selection. I also like Jake Grove the center from VTech.

yea, i'd take Grove over Carey. We can address the G situation in FA, and Grove has a nasty streak that could spread to the rest of our line. If we get 2 1sts, im hoping hes the 2nd one.

I think we're more likely to take a WR in round 1. Free agent WRs don't pan out as much as guys who are drafted and come up through a system. And as 126 said, Spielman seems intent on filling the line holes in FA.

The guy's reputation is lazy, and he hasn't done anything to make anyone believe that's false. He's a very late to early second rounder at this point. He has the talent, doesn't seem to have the desire teams want.

If we go interior line at number 20 it's Chris Snee and I think that's early for him.

I would also like Snee but not in the first. Carey played better 2 yrs. ago as a tackle, and he says he rather play tackle so that could be why he didnt do as well this year.

Back
Top Bottom