vernon davis wr? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

vernon davis wr?

amir7

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
do any of u guys think he can be converted to wr at the pro level? heres some info from nfl draft countdown

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/te/vernondavis.html

i watched most of his games this year, and this guy is a monster, he has the speed, and hands of a wr, with the strength and blocking ability of a te, and the vision and elusiveness of a rb.also has great size. reminds me alot of matt jones, except stronger, and more polished at his position.

so if u think he can be converted to a wr, would u draft him with the 16 pick?

Nappy Roots said:
no. he has all you need from a TE, what reason would he switch positions?

he doesnt have the ideal height, and isnt a great blocker, very athletic and would be able to do what he does best more often, which is make plays

amir7 said:
he doesnt have the ideal height, and isnt a great blocker, very athletic and would be able to do what he does best more often, which is make plays

hes the same height as randy mcmichael. hes not quick enough to play WR. he wont be moved. period.

He has sub 4.5 speed.
If that's not quick enough then I guess guys like TO, Braylon Edwards, Chad Johnson are also not quick enough.

Dolfan2788 said:
He has sub 4.5 speed.
If that's not quick enough then I guess guys like TO, Braylon Edwards, Chad Johnson are also not quick enough.

what does running 40 yards in a straight line with no players around you and no pads have to do with being QUICK?

and i bet he runs over a 4.5

Nappy Roots said:
what does running 40 yards in a straight line with no players around you and no pads have to do with being QUICK?

and i bet he runs over a 4.5

He is quick, on the field he is like a WR just with a big body.
I'm neither for or against him being moved to WR but I garauntee you he is faster and quicker than Mike Williams and he was drafted 10th overall.
Vernon is going in the top 15 and there isn't a whole lot that is keeping him from being a taller, faster, bigger Anquan Boldin.

Dolfan2788 said:
He is quick, on the field he is like a WR just with a big body.
I'm neither for or against him being moved to WR but I garauntee you he is faster and quicker than Mike Williams and he was drafted 10th overall.
Vernon is going in the top 15 and there isn't a whole lot that is keeping him from being a taller, faster, bigger Anquan Boldin.

ok believe that. theres just one problem, no way in hell he is moved to WR. so why even debate this.

Nappy Roots said:
ok believe that. theres just one problem, no way in hell he is moved to WR. so why even debate this.

Yeah, he is a TE, he beats LB's with his size and speed, but he is not a WR and it would be a waste of his match up advantage.

I am sure most would agree RB is a non need for Miami.....TE would probably place 2nd...but Davis and Pope would be nice players to get in this draft if we had a need. Both provide big big match up problems to LB's and S trying to cover them, not to mention a Dime back.

Nappy Roots said:

I think of him like a Chris Cooley, Dallas Clark kinda player, line him up at any of the 4 positions where you can get him the ball and you still get a great matchup advantage he is an H Back period.

vernon davis is a complete monster.ive seen every game this year him playing for maryland and he is the best tight end in the country.hes a tank,hard to take him down and averages 18 yards a catch.whoever gets him will be fortunate for years to come

He would be a great pickup if we didnt have McMike. Getting him at 16 would be great, if we needed him. I think he's going to be great, someone that picks him is going to be very happy with him in a few years.

Nappy Roots said:
hes the same height as randy mcmichael. hes not quick enough to play WR. he wont be moved. period.

Not quick enough? He's as fast as some of the top receivers in this draft....plus he has already played T.E., Half back, fullback and WR in college...he may be the best player in this draft....don't be surprised to see Denver use their two first rounders to move up and grab him....before the Rams do.

fishypete said:
Not quick enough? He's as fast as some of the top receivers in this draft....plus he has already played T.E., Half back, fullback and WR in college...he may be the best player in this draft....don't be surprised to see Denver use their two first rounders to move up and grab him....before the Rams do.

fishy, there is a difference between quick and fast. why even argue this, hes not being moved.

Nappy Roots said:
fishy, there is a difference between quick and fast. why even argue this, hes not being moved.

Nappy...you don't have to move him to use him....I already shown you that in college he played several positions...a smart OC would find ways to give his team advantages....this kid reminds me of another T.E. named Sharpe...he did pretty well for himself....hard to find players that weigh 250 plus pounds and still can run 4.5 and under. To give you an example...Randy McMichael out of college was 6'3" 245...ran a 4.85 40 at the combine...now imagine Randy if he could a 4.5 or under.

Back
Top Bottom