Vernon Davis | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vernon Davis

trate121hb

Go Heat!
Reaction score
I've always this guy was a stud and now with his sub 4.4 40 he's probabl a top 10 guy....question if he falls to 16 should the fins pick him???

i think they should...if we get brees and add this talent we'll be sick

Kind of a waste since we have McMichael.. but the dude is a freak

The Dolphins don't have a need at TE. I can't see Saban drafting him over an offensive lineman or defensive help.

I don't think we need him at all but if he is there at 16 it would be hard to argue that he isn't the BPA. He will dominate in the NFL.

would it be possible to pick him up and possibley trade him for a, if not 2 free agents out there? i mean we have until week six to finalize all FA contracts ( i think). The question there though would be do we take the chance at giving him the big contact with the possibility of knowone wanting him for a fair trade, and then hes good for nothing with mcmike in there.

if he's available at 16, you take him because he is too good to pass on........but that's exactly the reason that he won't be there.

That's tough. At our pick, I think a tight end might be a poor choice but if that tight end can be the next kellen winslow..... That's tough.
That being said, I don't think he'll be there when we pick and I don't think we'll pick him if he is there.

ur right, hes a complete beast and will cause misatches for safeties and lbs alike. we have to much glaring holes to pick him, but he would definently be the bpa if he was still on the board at 16

Call me crazy, but I think he could be a top 5 pick.

================
Vernon Davis, TE, Maryland – Davis produced the jaw-dropper moment of the combine, running a 4.38 in the 40-yard dash – a ridiculous feat for a guy who checked in at 6-foot-3 3/4 and 254 pounds. In terms of sheer shock, it rivaled Matt Jones' 4.38 time in the 40 last year. According to some scouts, Davis' physique was the most impressive, too. Davis did well in pass-receiving drills and actually looked dominant at times in pass-blocking drills. His 42-inch vertical jump amazed, and he won the broad jump for his position (10-8) by almost 10 inches over the next best effort. Davis likely pushed himself into the draft's top eight selections.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-combine022806&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Dumb Question

there is no way in hell this guy will be here here at 16, i can even see him being among the top 8. If any of you saw this guy you would agree that freak is a good word to use, it seems he will do great in the nfl and he seems to be the matt jones of this years draft just way better because it dosent seem to be possible for someone of his size to move that fast but to make a long story short if he is there at 16 he should absolutely be drafted but theres no way he will not be a top 10 pick

Unless he decides to play both sides of the ball and also play OLB no way

But Id love him on the team if we had a need at TE

Bright side

Everyone just look at the bright side as a player moves up into the top 10 another good player drops down...with so many awesome performances at the combine I have no doubt that we will HAVE OUR PICK OF VERY GOOD PLAYERS AT 16!!!

MiamiRon

miamiron said:
Everyone just look at the bright side as a player moves up into the top 10 another good player drops down...with so many awesome performances at the combine I have no doubt that we will HAVE OUR PICK OF VERY GOOD PLAYERS AT 16!!!

MiamiRon
mayock seems to think ernie sims could be a top 15 pick, that would push someone else down.

I always have the feeling like we are going to have a choice between a couple of guys by the time 16 comes around. Cutler has already pushed one spot down from prior mocks. Oh, and if Saban has Vernon Davis ranked number 10 on his board, and he were there, he would take him. He wouldnt care about what he has, he wants someone who can do it all and also inspire others.

Back
Top Bottom