Versus how many of the other 31 NFL teams do the Phins have a losing record? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Versus how many of the other 31 NFL teams do the Phins have a losing record?

Maggot Brain

Trade Bait
Reaction score
Not to blatantly plug FinHeaven (on which I am merely an occaisional poster), but in the "against other teams" portion of the History section on the home page I discovered the answer to this question is four teams (Jacksonville 2-1, NY Giants 3-2 [these teams have only played 5 times?], Oakland 18-11 and San Francisco 5-4). BTW there are two teams Miami is tied with in their all-time series, the dreaded NY Jets (38-38-1) and, believe it or not, San Diego (12-12). It's painfully obvious that historically Miami does not do well against west coast teams as they comprise half of the six teams they do not have winning records against. I'd be willing to bet that Miami's road record against the west coast teams is considerably worse than the overall record. Perhaps this is the motivation for not returning to Miami this year when they play Seattle and San Fran in successive weeks.

Anyway, to have a losing record against only 4 out of 31 teams is extremely impressive any way you spin it. I wonder if any other teams could match or beat that.

Maggot Brain said:
Not to blatantly plug FinHeaven (on which I am merely an occaisional poster), but in the "against other teams" portion of the History section on the home page I discovered the answer to this question is four teams (Jacksonville 2-1, NY Giants 3-2 [these teams have only played 5 times?], Oakland 18-11 and San Francisco 5-4). BTW there are two teams Miami is tied with in their all-time series, the dreaded NY Jets (38-38-1) and, believe it or not, San Diego (12-12). It's painfully obvious that historically Miami does not do well against west coast teams as they comprise half of the six teams they do not have winning records against. I'd be willing to bet that Miami's road record against the west coast teams is considerably worse than the overall record. Perhaps this is the motivation for not returning to Miami this year when they play Seattle and San Fran in successive weeks.

Anyway, to have a losing record against only 4 out of 31 teams is extremely impressive any way you spin it. I wonder if any other teams could match or beat that.
the team is staying over the west coast for the games against Seattle and SanFco, let´s see if that works. The team ahs tried everything , form arriving the previous night, arriving early, but never stayed two weeks there. It may work.

Wow, that is pretty impressive. I doubt any team can beat that. Whats also impressive about the Dolphins history is the fact that they never seem to have a losing season. How many losing seasons have they had, in say, the last 30 years?

uh i think its been only 1 or 2. I may even be mistaken and its not even one...but i dont really know

The Dolphins have had only 2 losing seasons since 1970.
BTW, after we play SF this year, there SHOULD be only 3 teams that have beaten us more than we have them...

I suppose thats why the two teams I despise the most are the Jets and the Raiders.However we have overcome the WC jinx.............Now if we can only figure out how to win the Snow games.

Maggot Brain said:

But weve beaten the Raiders the last 7 or so regular season games

Maggot Brain said:

Actually...It's mediocre. ;)

FlyingElvis said:
Wow, that is pretty impressive. I doubt any team can beat that. Whats also impressive about the Dolphins history is the fact that they never seem to have a losing season. How many losing seasons have they had, in say, the last 30 years?

Actually there is a team that can beat that record. It is my most hated team. The Raiders have a winning record vs every NFL team with the exception of the Ravens (1-2) and the Chiefs (42-43-2). So they have only two games to win to have winning records vs EVERYONE !!!! MAN I hate those guys. :fire:
I got this info at NFL.com where I clicked on Raiders and went to there history. One thing that is kinda interesting is I noticed our records have us down vs the Raiders 18-11, and their site has us down only 15-10.
But besides the Raiders I think we have a winning percentage vs more teams than anyone.

I just thought of something. Why are the Texans not on the list of teams with a winning record vs us?? They are up 1-0 on us right?? Or was that added to the record of the oilers or something?? :goof:

Back
Top Bottom