Vic Carucci Exposed! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vic Carucci Exposed!

fin-atic

Are you a VIP?
Club Member
Reaction score
If you already knew this then ignore it.

I was watching an ESPN special on the Buffalo Bills. And low and behold there is Vic giving his commentary, and come to find out he covered the Bills durng the 80s & 90s.

No wonder he is always dogging the Fins!

He is a Buffalo Homer!!

1034screwbuffalo-thumb.jpg

I saw that special yesterday. I thought it was funny how those guys said that the City of Buffalo has a massive inferiority complex. I also dug Rick Reilly's comments about the Bills being "the most overrated team" back in the 90s. He said words to the effect of "Do I think it's unfortunate that the Bills lost four straight Super Bowls?? No, because I don't think they deserved to be there in the first place. It was like, 'Hey, we've got to send somebody to the Super Bowl. Ok, what the heck....just send the Bills' ".

:roflmao: :rofl:

I hate to say this, but do you think these "expert" analysis are really dogging the fins or are they realists and we are the ones with our heads in the clouds? I mean, we like and route for this team so obviously our views are going to be biased.

yeah i already did know it. Cus i listen to it every day either on the radio or empire sports network. Carucci is not bad but i got news for everyone, the sports guys in western new york are so much different than the stuff you read or hear in miami. they are so biased its not funny. last year and the year before, they were like talking up the team in just about every position and then reality sets in and then they go in to deflate mode by midseason. i think all that "positive thinking" started in the super bowl days when bruce smith and thruman thomas were always complaining about how the media treats them. they did it all the time and then suddenly when the bills went to the big dance and they created some history, they just went into this sort of "bills can do no wrong" even when they do, mode. It will never matter what the dolphins did or do they always see the dolphins as chokers but the bills are just a football town and they dont choke, they just dont have the talent yet. once they get the talent, they are going to the super bowl. when they got bledsoe last year, it became automatic even though they knew they had holes. then reality set in with bledsoe.

Now, its the same thing all over again. i think most in the media are trying to remain real about the first game but they, no doubt think that buffalo is the place to be now. thats just the way it is. there is nothing to do in rochester and buffalo entertainment wise except go to canada and gamble, so football is everything. i mean everything! there is no life outside of football here( in a general sense). they used to say in the super bowl years that when the Bills lost, production in rochester and buffalo went down like 20% ur sumthin. for real.

vic was a sports columnist for the buffalo news, until he moved on to bigger and better things! He has awesome insight and is not a homer! He dogs the teams that need to be dogged! ie the fins!

Vic has always gotten on my nerves, especially when he was on the Empire sports network. I pay no attention to him or Prisco. Bills fans obviously love him though.

Other than Pete Prisco with the Jets, Chris Berman with the Bills, and Ron Jaworski with the Bucs, I really don't see a whole lot of team oriented bias in the media. I think just because Vic Carucci use to cover the Bills in the 80's and early 90's, that doesn't mean every pot shot he took at the Phins was because of that. They could have been well deserved, and his coverage of the Bills merely made his knowledge of the Phins much more intimate.

I mean Jason Cole has been covering the Phins longer than any active writer and he is originally from California and grew up a huge Chargers fan. If he ever went national like some of these guys I would not suspect he'd hold his punches on either the Phins or the Bills or the Jets or the Pats. Sometimes knowing a team better just lets you be more accurate about them. I mean lets face it, over the last 4-5 years the Phins have not given these writers a whole lot of headaches for taking a shot at them during the season.

let me also say that i think vic gave us alot of credit this offseason for getting more defensive guys. he said that to upgrade this defense even when your offense is supposedly average is not a bad move cus the league is tilted that way as far as super bowl winners these last few years and the afc east being tough. i think he also said that key injuries were the main downfall of us last year. vic is not bad at all from what i have heard but its not like i hear him all the time.

I saw the Buffalo Bills segment thing and the funniest thing I saw in it is when (forgot name of guy) said flat out that Buffalo feels like LOSERS because they haven't gotten that ring yet. I almost wanted to cry because I was watching how pathetic some of these people are when it comes to football ;). BUFFALO NEEDS A RING! Buffalo deserves a ring ;(. Boo-hoo..

They know they're only known for 4 straight SB losses ;).

don't forget about Peter King....

He's been on the Belichick knob for a couple years now.....and he's still going strong!:lol:

Vic Carucci used to write for the Buffalo News, deal with it. As for Finfan54's comments on WNY media being biased, um yeah! Of course they are. Do you think Bills fans want to hear about Taylor and Thomas traveling to Iraq?! But unrealistic? Of course they got excited last year. Wouldn't you be excited having Drew Bledsoe instead of Rob Johnson? And their optimism was on mark with a 5 game improvement in the record.

As for this year, this was the BEST off-season ever for the Bills since I've been following them since 1987. Here's what we did:

Added Sam Adams at DT.
Added Takeo Spikes at OLB.
Added Jeff Posey at OLB.
Added Lawyer Milloy at SS.
Added Sam Gash at FB.
Added Bobby Shaw at WR
Added Willis McGahee & Chris Kelsay in the draft.

Added Dick Lebeau to help coach the defense (The inventor of the zone blitz!)
Added Pat Ruel to coach the young o-line.
Added Tim Krumrie to coach D-line.

Lost Peerless Price at WR.
Lost Larry Centers at FB (Didn't fit our philosophy)
Lost Riemersma at TE Gilbride doesn't use TE's much.

The only loss was Price. If you had told me the roster that the Bills would be fielding this year before free-agency I would have called it unrealistic....lol

Back
Top Bottom