Vic Carucci Mock Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vic Carucci Mock Draft

RUDEbyallMEANS

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/7238811]Mock Draft[/URL]

This draft has Miami selecting Shawn Andrews. (Surprise Surprise).

The reason I bring this mock draft to your attention is because of a pick 3 spots after Miami in this mock that interests me to the point where I had to make this post.

23. Seattle: Marcus Tubbs, defensive tackle, Texas

Analysis: After John Randle's retirement, the Seahawks need to address their interior defensive line. They could very well go with Randy Starks of Maryland, but seem to be leaning toward the former Longhorn. Tubbs eats up plenty of space in the middle, allowing him to be a solid run-stuffer. He has good quickness, although he doesn't rush the passer as well as he should.

Miami does indeed have a big need at DT cuz Timbo has missed plenty of games on a yearly basis in recent years and Zgonina is 34 or 35 years old. Randy Starks is the common favorite on this board to select if indeed Miami chooses to go for a DT, but he is not necessarily the type of DT Miami likes to have persay (not sure if I spelled that right.)

Marcus Tubbs is a typical 2 GAP DT that Miami loves, to keep blockers off of our beloved Zach Thomas. Most mocks I've seen has had Marcus as an early second rounder or mid second rounder. This mock has him being picked 3 spots right after Miami. I found that interesting and it lit a "surprise" light bulb that Miami could well go after this guy now that Miami has signed the safety from the Packers.

I found it interesting and that's all that really matters to tell the truth, so I decided to pass it on. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think we'll take Andrews even if he's there at 20.

Ozzy rules!!

I do, he is considered the second best lineman in the draft, and we have a need for a lineman. Now, if we can pick up an extra pick in the draft to move down a couple spots, ay from Dallas, we should and draft Smiley to play guard. Either way, O-line needs to be the pick.

If he's there at 20, we're taking Andrews. Take it to the bank.

By the way, I'm starting to think he will be there. Cleveland's need is at LT, not RT, and I don't think anyone projects Andrews at LT. Cleveland was the team most of us were worried about.

Tampa Bay could still take him before us even though they signed Todd Stuessie, Derek Deese, and Matt O'Dwyer in the offseason while resigning Cosey Coleman.

Chicago is a possibility if they decide to move John Tait to left tackle, but I believe they are targeting defensive tackles with that pick. If it is a choice between Vince Wilfork and Shawn Andrews, they will take Wilfork.

If Andrews happens to be gone, I believe there are four players the Dolphins will decide between. Vernon Carey is a player they like and can play either tackle or guard for them. Justin Smiley is the best pure guard in the draft and would be a good fit for the Dolphins. Marcus Tubbs is their type of defensive tackle. Matt Ware is a CB/S prospect that they could look at as a potential free safety.

I am hoping for a trade down then Smiley. Seems like a surer thing and we can add a pick. Plus, with MacIntosh signed, I think we look exclusively for a guard. I think the teams sees MacIntosh as the RT of the future.

I don't know if the team has any definite read on McIntosh just yet.

Andrews IMO should be moved immediately to G ala Leonard Davis. He would be a Pro Bowl RG in this league maybe his second year in.

I'd take alot of guys and I'm glad we aren't locked into a certain player or position with our team.

Good job Rick Speilman

Nice analysis Rude. I think its not out of the question at all that RS pulls another draft day surprise like Tubbs. I wont be angry, unless Andrews is still on the board.

As for teams looking at Andrews, my upset pick is the Jets at #12. They need help in the interior line and he fits a need.

i would be happy with tubbs in the first just not at 20. if we can trade down 4 to 6 spots and pick up a 3rd then the tubbs selection would be a good one. basicly same scenario with smiley.

Originally posted by Surferosa
Nice analysis Rude. I think its not out of the question at all that RS pulls another draft day surprise like Tubbs. I wont be angry, unless Andrews is still on the board.

As for teams looking at Andrews, my upset pick is the Jets at #12. They need help in the interior line and he fits a need.

Andrews seems to be a must draft if he's there at #20. He's a right tackle and a right guard, but it just seems like every year that some players are rated lower than they should be before the draft but on draft day the real "players" or "ballers" are usually picked ahead. I personally feel that Andrews will not be there at #20.

It could be the Jets but that team needs defense, defense and more defense. They have shots at drafting Dunta Robinson, DeAngelo Hall, Vilma, Vince Wilfork, Will Smith etc. If I were the Jets, I would draft Robinson, Hall or Vilma in that order. They are stacked at D-line with Ferguson, Robertson, Abraham, and Ellis. They used a top 5 salary for Robertson so I doubt they'll go ahead and draft a D-lineman in first round.

So, in my eyes... Robinson, Hall and Vilma are the top 3 picks for the Jets on defense and I believe those 3 picks would be more important than drafting Shawn Andrews.

In Miami's case, Miami is stacked at CB and LB with great starters so Andrews should be above Hall, Robinson and Vilma on the list it seems because of the combination of talent and "need".

It's the way I see it.

Originally posted by KBISBACK
Tampa Bay could still take him before us even though they signed Todd Stuessie, Derek Deese, and Matt O'Dwyer in the offseason while resigning Cosey Coleman.

Chicago is a possibility if they decide to move John Tait to left tackle, but I believe they are targeting defensive tackles with that pick. If it is a choice between Vince Wilfork and Shawn Andrews, they will take Wilfork.

Yes, I feel the same way about Tampa Bay. In Oakland, Gruden had MAMMOTHS on the O-line to dominate the run game and in goalline situations. Shawn Andrews would be fitting in with Grudens wants. The Sporting News has OL as the 2nd biggest need for the Buccs.

I didn't notice the Bears as a threat, they very well could be.

I'm REALLY hopin Andrews drops to us....hes a mauling beast who could open so many holes for Ricky, if he can pass-block at all he'd be an amazing value at #20.

I know Andrews has talent but I'm worry about his weight. If Rick takes him then I'm behind him but I don't think he wants him.

Ozzy rules!!

Don't forget that the Bucs also picked up Matt Stinchcomb. They might be a little loaded up to be taking Andrews at #15.

Back
Top Bottom