Vick in Patriots Camp!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vick in Patriots Camp!!!

This bothers me in the same way the addition of Pat White is supposed to bother people.

It's that you HAVE to gameplan for it, whether or not they use it. Sure, it doesn't make much sense for the Pats to take the ball away from Brady. But the fact they have the option means you have to spend time planning for Vick - otherwise you'll look 38-13 silly like the Pats did the first time around with the WC. And the Pats' offense is pretty hard to gameplan against as it is.

There could be a perfect ending to this. My favorite player (Jason Taylor) sacks my least favorite player (Michael Vick) and ends his career. Now if we can arrange for mass amounts of blood.....

This bothers me in the same way the addition of Pat White is supposed to bother people.

It's that you HAVE to gameplan for it, whether or not they use it. Sure, it doesn't make much sense for the Pats to take the ball away from Brady. But the fact they have the option means you have to spend time planning for Vick - otherwise you'll look 38-13 silly like the Pats did the first time around with the WC. And the Pats' offense is pretty hard to gameplan against as it is.

The Pats are one of the highest scoring offenses in the league. Is the addition of Vick really going to increase their points per game?
Will his presence be a distraction, especially if some animal rights acitivists constantly protest outside their practice facility.
I hope so.
The Pats are an organization of very questionable character, so Vick fits right in.

The Pats are one of the highest scoring offenses in the league. Is the addition of Vick really going to increase their points per game?
Will his presence be a distraction, especially if some animal rights acitivists constantly protest outside their practice facility.
I hope so.
The Pats are an organization of very questionable character, so Vick fits right in.

No, but I think defenses were starting to figure out how stop that high-octane offense, thanks to the Giants: just tee off on Brady with an unrelenting pass rush. I think if you're the Pats, you need a new twist on offense, even if it's just to make defenses think a bit more.

Anyways, with respect to everything else you said, I sure hope so, and agree he fits.

Dosen't bother me one little bit.

If the Pats want to take Brady off the field for a portion of their plays against us it's a bonus. Ron Mexico NEVER lived up to expectations.

Who says they are going to take brady off the field. He and vick together is scary and not something I want to deal with.

I believed he would end up going to a team like the Steelers where he would have a chance to fill Bryan Leftwich old role (Ben always gets hurt)

it gave Leftwich a chance to start on another team the year after

or stay in the NFC South to beat on the falcons (or try) like the panthers (i don't care what anyone says they are being held back by Jake Delhomme)

Michael Vick thoughts
Posted by Mike Reiss, Globe Staff July 31, 2009 05:15 PM
Sometimes a rumor grows to the point that refuting it benefits the public interest. Whether that is the case with today's buzz regarding Michael Vick and a possible union with the Patriots is subject for debate.

My feeling is that some clarity would help.

This is what I know, and feel strong enough to put my name behind: Vick did not work out for the Patriots today, he is not scheduled to work out for the Patriots in the future, and he is not under consideration to be signed to the team.

(Update 5:22 p.m. -- The Patriots are now confirming that Vick was not in New England today, which is in response to a Miami Herald blog post)

Bill Belichick's responses today in his press conference might have stoked the rumors a bit, but I think he was just following his standard script when it comes to an available player. If he publicly ruled out a player, he'd be setting a precedent that he wouldn't want in future cases.

In this case, Michael Vick is not coming to New England.

Back
Top Bottom