Victor Green | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Victor Green

Marion is a FS who plays in a 2 deep set and Green a SS who plays up ag. the run pretty often. So Green should have lots more tacklers. Fact is Marion has been a Pro Bowler and Green has not. Either way they are both high quality and getting one of the 2 is a must :D

Sniff,Sniff......................Whats that you guys are passing around in here, smells like that wacky tobaccy! Brock Marion for Prez!!! Victor Green is a fine athlete and a big hitter, and all, but Brock is the PLAYMAKER! I agree with Phinmaster, I would sign Brock back, if at all possible, just for cohesiveness alone. You dont take a secondary like that and just dismantle it, especially 'If it aint broke'! Shame on some of you for even pondering such a fate! I dont even want to lose Brian Walker, but if we have to lose one, then I guess it should be the strong safety, because Brock usually makes the calls for the secondary! This Freeman kid, just landed on the wrong team if he's to be a starter. Can Victor play strong safety? If so, there you have it. Sam and Pat on the corners, with Brock and Victor back deep!

PHINFAN4LIFE

we are only likely sign Brock or Green, but

The Dolphins have been encouraged by the slow progress of the free agent market, particularly at the safety position. Sam Garnes became the first free agent to sign, agreeing to a three-year, $2.75 million deal with the New York Jets. The Dolphins, who are hoping to re-sign either Brian Walker or Brock Marion and are looking at former Jets safety Victor Green, were encouraged by the fact that Garnes received an average of less than $1 million a year.

from http://www.miami.com/mld/miami/sports/football/nfl/miami_dolphins/2786535.htm

that's great new because Walker or Green do not deserve that much more than Garnes and in Walker's case - less. And Marion might be had for 1 mil a year or so, too :cool:

Brock returning is the ideal, but since he a UFA that is not totally up 2 the fins.

Well, thats it for the Victor Green sightings then. Lets hope Freeman can get the strong safety job done then. Brock should be priority!

You really can't compare the two players(Green or Marion) because they play different positions. You have to look at it two ways:
1. Of the remaining SS's and FS's on your team, which is more likely to start? What's your stronger position right now? If you have a decent FS backup, then sign Green at SS. If your current SS is better than your FS, sign Marion.
2. You also must consider that Green single handedly ended both meetings with the Fins this year. The guy ALWAYS makes the big play. He just has a knack for being around the ball. That's an intangible that's you must consider. (I only named the Fin games because I know all of you saw those plays/ just to make an example.)

Originally posted by CHOPS44
You really can't compare the two players(Green or Marion) because they play different positions. You have to look at it two ways:
1. Of the remaining SS's and FS's on your team, which is more likely to start? What's your stronger position right now? If you have a decent FS backup, then sign Green at SS. If your current SS is better than your FS, sign Marion.
2. You also must consider that Green single handedly ended both meetings with the Fins this year. The guy ALWAYS makes the big play. He just has a knack for being around the ball. That's an intangible that's you must consider. (I only named the Fin games because I know all of you saw those plays/ just to make an example.)
Freeman is more naturally a FS, i.e. he was our starting FS until late in camp last year when Brock re-signed

39, my point exactly..................

Originally posted by dolphan39
Freeman is more naturally a FS, i.e. he was our starting FS until late in camp last year when Brock re-signed

;)

Arturo is going to start simply because the phins think he is ready and could be better then Walker. The phins are already trying to get him into a contract extension which would be good for Arturo if he never pans out and good for the phins if he ever does. However I would like Brock back. When we didn't have Brock the checks in the secondary that Brock did went to pot and we gave up several big plays.

I agree with you too about Rodney Harrison being better than Victor Green of SSs, but Brian Dawkins is DA MAN.

Over the past few years we havent had a SS or FS per se, they were just safties. Now that we're going to be putting 8 men in the box a little more often we're gonna need that big hitter. Victor Green is exactly that.

Back
Top Bottom