Video Replay? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Video Replay?

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
An NCAA committee on Wednesday recommended that permission to use a video replay system tested last season in the Big Ten be expanded to all schools and conferences for further study during the 2005 football season.

The recommendation by the Football Rules Committee will be considered by an oversight panel Feb. 24 and, if approved, will be put in place for the regular season this fall.

"The response to video replay nationally and in the Big Ten was overwhelmingly positive," said Chuck Broyles, the coach at Pittsburg State and chairman of the rules committee. "When we have the ability to correct a potentially game-changing error, and we have the technology to do so, we feel this improves the fairness of the game and directly improves the student-athlete experience."

He said many conferences have asked permission to try the replay system for the 2005 season.

The Big Ten in December said replay was used in 28 of 57 conference games last season. Of the 43 calls questioned, 21 were overturned. Games where replay was used averaged three minutes longer than games without replay.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/ncaa/02/09/bc.fbc.ncaa.replay.ap/index.html

I think that the replay is a good idea. I went to a few PAC-10 games (University of Washington), and there were a lot of plays that should have been replayed, but since they didnt have it, we were left dissapointed. I hope they have it as soon as possible.

Back
Top Bottom