Vikings/Saints Thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vikings/Saints Thread

We agree on Goodell. The game is hard to watch now. I didn’t watch the game closely as was on a flight and really only saw the last quarter. I assumed the post was about the fumble that NO ran back for a TD that got reversed. To me that was down. Rudolph pushed off at the end but they have been so inconsistent in what they overturn that I think the rule change was just a bad idea altogether.

Yeah he was down and they have been so reluctant to overturn a call at the end of the game that I'm not sure what the point of it is either.

I may be in the minority but I have never seen the supposed greatness of the guy. I mean, ok, he’s one of the best of his era but to me there was always something missing - what does he do that stands out as exceptional? He gets the stats I know - but he just never had an “it” factor about him. I’m not going to call him a choke artist as that’s not fair - but I never saw him as someone who could put a team on his back and carry them. He himself needs weapons, protection etc to thrive. I guess what I’m saying is that I don’t see him as a QB (like Brady) that could go to a crap team and elevate them the way Rodgers could or Peyton it Dan the Man. Best comparison for me for Brees is Warren Moon. And I think Moon was better as he was more dynamic. Not a hater of Brees - just don’t think anyone will be talking about him 30 years from now.
Don't see that comparison in the slightest. Also don't think he had the tools around him you are claiming....take a guy like Jimmy Graham. Once he left, his numbers dropped dramatically.

Don't see that comparison in the slightest. Also don't think he had the tools around him you are claiming....take a guy like Jimmy Graham. Once he left, his numbers dropped dramatically.
Meaning both put up prolific stats but didn’t wow you for some reason. I can’t put my finger on it.

Back
Top Bottom