Vikings/Saints Thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vikings/Saints Thread

Man who is coaching DBs these days? Never had a chance if he does not look back for the ball. I see this time and time again in the NFL, DBs are scared to look back for the football.

It is interesting that the top 4 rushing teams made the Playoffs and 8 of top 11. While the top 4 passing teams missed the Playoffs and 3 of top 10 passing made it. It seemed just two years ago this league was all about passing 400+ a game to win in this league.
By yards that's true. Not sure that is the best way to look at it -- teams that are behind throw more, teams that are behind run more. By yards per play, 8 of the top 12 passing teams made the playoffs while only 5 of the top 12 rushing teams did.

I'd be looking to sue if I was the Saints. So many terrible calls against them that absolutely cost them the game.

Viewership is solid so it's not like the NFL is gonna do **** about these useless refs unless they were about to lose money and look ****ing stupid. Make Goodell take action. Being a ref isn't that ****ing hard. I watch college ball and those guys do just fine.

Last edited:
So Dan Marino (8-10) and Peyton Manning (14-13) were also choke artists?
A lot of fans would say yes to both. I hear that Peyton was a choke artist all the time. And tons of people tell me same about Marino.

We all know Brady is washed. But Brees is washed as well. Pathetic performance from Brees today.
I may be in the minority but I have never seen the supposed greatness of the guy. I mean, ok, he’s one of the best of his era but to me there was always something missing - what does he do that stands out as exceptional? He gets the stats I know - but he just never had an “it” factor about him. I’m not going to call him a choke artist as that’s not fair - but I never saw him as someone who could put a team on his back and carry them. He himself needs weapons, protection etc to thrive. I guess what I’m saying is that I don’t see him as a QB (like Brady) that could go to a crap team and elevate them the way Rodgers could or Peyton it Dan the Man. Best comparison for me for Brees is Warren Moon. And I think Moon was better as he was more dynamic. Not a hater of Brees - just don’t think anyone will be talking about him 30 years from now.

I'd be looking to sue if I was the Saints. So many terrible calls against them that absolutely cost them the game.

Viewership is solid so it's not like the NFL is gonna do **** about these useless refs unless they were about to lose money and look ****ing stupid. Make Goodell take action. Being a ref isn't that ****ing hard. I watch college ball and those guys do just fine.
I get the last year thing but didn’t see anything i didn’t agree w in this game.

I get the last year thing but didn’t see anything i didn’t agree w in this game.

I saw many terrible calls or non calls that went against NO and I saw nothing of the sort for the Vikes. At least be terrible for both teams. The better team lost because of officiating ... yet again.

I mean ... did they change the meaning of blind side when I wasn't looking? Is almost pushing the defender down not OPI? Is it asking too much for the zebras to at least not **** up the last play of the damn game?

I had no dog in this fight. I watch college and I watch NFL and the latter is becoming harder to enjoy because of the massive discrepancy in quality. I spend most of the games yelling "Are you kidding me?" at my tv. Not with college though. Is someone gonna try to tell me one is pretty cut and dry and the other is impossible? It's like the lamest conspiracy ever ... aren't there massive fines for even talking **** about the officiating?

I'm down for a class action suit. Goodell can lick my asshole.

Last edited:
I saw many terrible calls or non calls that went against NO and I saw nothing of the sort for the Vikes. At least be terrible for both teams. The better team lost because of officiating ... yet again.

I mean ... did they change the meaning of blind side when I wasn't looking? Is almost pushing the defender down not OPI? Is it asking too much for the zebras to at least not **** up the last play of the damn game?

I had no dog in this fight. I watch college and I watch NFL and the latter is becoming harder to enjoy because of the massive discrepancy in quality. I spend most of the games yelling "Are you kidding me?" at my tv. Not with college though. Is someone gonna try to tell me one is pretty cut and dry and the other is impossible? It's like the lamest conspiracy ever ... aren't there massive fines for even talking **** about the officiating?

I'm down for a class action suit. Goodell can lick my *******.
We agree on Goodell. The game is hard to watch now. I didn’t watch the game closely as was on a flight and really only saw the last quarter. I assumed the post was about the fumble that NO ran back for a TD that got reversed. To me that was down. Rudolph pushed off at the end but they have been so inconsistent in what they overturn that I think the rule change was just a bad idea altogether.

I have no sympathy for the Saints. Most of their fans are trash talking asshats. Brees is a prick. Teddy Backup dissed the Dolphins after deciding to re-sign as a backup with the Saints. Never been a fan of Sean Payton. Jeff Ireland is on their staff and I will never forget how he screwed the Dolphins in 2013. Plus them losing improves their 2nd round pick owned by the Dolphins.

Back
Top Bottom