vinatieri | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

vinatieri

Thundercracker

Practice Squad
Reaction score
he misses two field goals, and then makes an easy one from 40 yards out, and they call him clutch. yet if he didn't get a chance to kick that his reputation would have been ruined. I think if you miss 2 field goals, blocked or not, in the SB you're not clutch.

He has kicked two winning super bowls kicks and you dont think he is cluch? Please define cluch to me? He is not going to make every kick but there is no other kicker in football I would want out there to win a game for me. Any kick to win a game is not easy, just ask Mare!

Originally posted by pats4life
He has kicked two winning super bowls kicks and you dont think he is cluch? Please define cluch to me? He is not going to make every kick but there is no other kicker in football I would want out there to win a game for me. Any kick to win a game is not easy, just ask Mare!

you mean to tell me that you wouldn't take vanderjact over vinatieri? vanderjact is the best kicker in the league. i knew this was going to happen, i knew if he made that easy 41 yard kick everyone would make him out to be the hero when he wasn't. missing 2 field goals in the SB isn't clutch, thats the opposite of clutch. vinatieri used to be clutch, just like mare used to be clutch, i believe this game is the starting point to his game going downhill fast.

I am not saying that there is not some great kickers in the NFL and I think that vinatieri did not have the best season but a kick to win the super bowl is cluch and he has did twice now. My point is that if I have need one kick to win a game I would take Vinatieri over any other kicker in football the guy has some big stones IMO.

And Tom Brady? MVP? no freakin way in that super bowl, when the pressure got to him he nearly threw the game away on that pick in the endzone...

My Pick - Mike Vrabel, a TD reception AND a forced fumble that led to that score....

(if u didnt notice, Defense is my game, gotta give the D-man the props when he makes a play on O)

Haha, it is laughable to take adam over vandy, vandy is an amazing kicker. Thats like saying I would take Chambers over guys like Randy Moss, Harrison, and Owens.

Originally posted by Williams34Phins
Haha, it is laughable to take adam over vandy, vandy is an amazing kicker. Thats like saying I would take Chambers over guys like Randy Moss, Harrison, and Owens.

Didnt look so hot yesterday! :rolleyes:

those 2 misses were not even in the season. but vinatieri missed 9 during the season, and 3 in the playoffs. and vanderjact has had his fair share of clutch game winning field goals. he's done it to us a couple times.

I am not saying anything aginst Vanderjack (or however you spell his name) all I am saying if I have one kick to win a game and can choose any kicker playing in the NFL I would take Adam just my opinion, I think that Mike V is a great kicker but I have seen Adam mike game winning kicks his entire career.

actually it was reported that adam was playing with a back injury for most of the year, and is there a such thing as a easy fg against a great defense to win the sb?? 40 yards is now considered a chip shot????? and the INCREDIBLE pressure of that moment to is easy??

that second one was blocked,nobody was making that. 2 pat players up front got completely BULLRUSHED and sent flying on there azz making that kick impossible. and who can argue with tom being the mvp? i mean really. on that td pass to vrable,tom actually had to make a nice side step to avoid a sack on that play. tom also got ROBBED of a td pass to fauria in the corner of the endzone when it was clearly catch. should of had 4 td passes, would have ended with 33 completions to go alo9ng with the well over 300 yards passing. he did throw a bad pic, but you dont mention that he made up for it right away on the next drive leding his team to a score on a beautiful drive. then of coure the very last drive.

Originally posted by 82YARDotBOMB
actually it was reported that adam was playing with a back injury for most of the year, and is there a such thing as a easy fg against a great defense to win the sb?? 40 yards is now considered a chip shot????? and the INCREDIBLE pressure of that moment to is easy??

that second one was blocked,nobody was making that. 2 pat players up front got completely BULLRUSHED and sent flying on there azz making that kick impossible. and who can argue with tom being the mvp? i mean really. on that td pass to vrable,tom actually had to make a nice side step to avoid a sack on that play. tom also got ROBBED of a td pass to fauria in the corner of the endzone when it was clearly catch. should of had 4 td passes, would have ended with 33 completions to go alo9ng with the well over 300 yards passing. he did throw a bad pic, but you dont mention that he made up for it right away on the next drive leding his team to a score on a beautiful drive. then of coure the very last drive.

quit you're bitchin! your team won the superbowl!! shut up!! and i wouldn't call those 2 superbowl winning field goals clutch or pressured. why? because the game was tied both times. if he missed it, the worst thing that could happen was they would go into overtime. now if it was between missing it and losing the SB and making it and winning the SB, now thats pressure.

What about the 45 yarder in the Snow against the Faders?

Back
Top Bottom