Vince Biegel signs RFA tender with Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vince Biegel signs RFA tender with Dolphins

Dolph N.Fan

Active Roster
Reaction score
The Dolphins announced on Monday that Biegel has signed the tender they gave him earlier this year. It’s an original-round tender, which means Biegel will make $2.132 million during the 2020 season.

Biegel was a Packers fourth-round pick in 2017 and played nine games for them as a rookie. He didn’t make the team in 2018 and wound up with the Saints, who used him in 14 games before trading him to Miami for linebacker Kiko Alonso last year.

Good news. I actually feel comfortable if he has to come in as a starter. Good depth

I was reading in a different article, that he was trying to swing a multiyear deal, but the Phins were not amiable to that.

It also pointed out with our FA signings, he will likely see considerably less snaps.

I like the kid, and love the effort, but he doesn't have the tools to be dominant setting the edge, as he was asked to do a lot last year, or cover backs.

Good depth and ST player, though.

It's good to have good depth. Biegel exceeded expectations last season and can still improve with some better players around him and you never know when someone will get injured.

Good news. I actually feel comfortable if he has to come in as a starter. Good depth
I'm comfortable giving Biegel a chance. But he's almost a DE as much as a LB. So he needs to keep displaying that pass rush. This is a bad pass rusher draft, so Biegel, Van Ginkel, Baker, Taco Charlton, etc. will get their chances to show they're worthwhile prospects. But if they don't show it this year, most of those guys will be replaced with 2021 draft picks or FA's. We will likely bring in starting pass rushers in 2021. So, let the competition begin!

Good up and coming player and excellent character who has a great motor , sky is the limit , we got the better of this trade!

He is a good depth placeholder for this year .... unless something crazy happens this year between Van Noy and Van Ginkel we should not need him this year or next ... but nice hedge either way

Vince "PoppySeed" Biegel

let's hope he tests positive for good depth signing.

Back
Top Bottom