Vince Carter staying with the Nets | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vince Carter staying with the Nets

I knew they were going to do that, but it is going to screw them in the long run. He is on the decline. $61 and change is crazy

4 years isn't bad, it won't kill the Nets cap. I like RJ but Ithink it's time to ship him out and get some help down low.

I think they signed him for to much, but I guess they really wnated him back.

Only NJ would give him 4 years. Nobody else. Every other team wouldn't go past 3 years.

That should tell you something.

I am not sure I would have spent that much money on him. I think they will try and trade him in a couple of years and regret this choice. However they are probably planning on now and not in the future.

That is entirely too much cash for a 30-year old Vince Carter, but what can you expect? Not shocking at all, as we knew he'd get a huge deal since NBA contracts are all about names, reputation, and/or potential.

At this stage in his career, trying to cash out for the final time.. why is Vince Carter worth significantly more cash than Rashard Lewis or Gerald Wallace? I don't see it.

carter is your typical showboat player all about himself. nets messed up by keeping him.

Considering how much some of these players make, and how the contracts seem to be guaranteed, I don't know why NBA teams ever go over 3 year deals.

Considering how much some of these players make, and how the contracts seem to be guaranteed, I don't know why NBA teams ever go over 3 year deals.

Cause they are stupid and don't think about the future only the present.

That is entirely too much cash for a 30-year old Vince Carter, but what can you expect? Not shocking at all, as we knew he'd get a huge deal since NBA contracts are all about names, reputation, and/or potential.

At this stage in his career, trying to cash out for the final time.. why is Vince Carter worth significantly more cash than Rashard Lewis or Gerald Wallace? I don't see it.

Vince Carter - 25.2 pts, 6 reb, 4.8 ast

Gerald Wallce - 18.1 pts, 7.2 reb, 2.6 ast

Rashard Lewis - 22.4 pts, 6.6 reb, 2.4 ast

Rashard Lewis should be getting a contract in the 10-14 million range a year and Wallace can expect 8-12 million a year. This deal isn't a bad as people are saying, Vince will only be 35 when this contract runs out.

Yea i knew he wouldnt go anywhere else hopefully he can step up his game. I miss the old crazy dunking hilight making vince. They need some impact in the post game though.

Rashard Lewis should be getting a contract in the 10-14 million range a year and Wallace can expect 8-12 million a year. This deal isn't a bad as people are saying, Vince will only be 35 when this contract runs out.

Its not a bad deal money wise, but I think we all now realize the magnificent trio is not going to lead the Nets to the promised land. So why prolong the mediocrity? Let Kidd go to a contender and see if Wright and Williams are the future. Now the Nets are stuck for the next couple years with the same team, with the stars a year older and on the wrong side of 30.

Back
Top Bottom