Vince Carter to the Knicks RUMOR out there | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vince Carter to the Knicks RUMOR out there

MikeO

Premium Member
Club Member
Reaction score
From ESPNInsider...................

Carter To The Knicks?
Feb 22 - League sources said the Knicks and Nets discussed a Vince Carter deal that would bring Channing Frye, Jamal Crawford and Malik Rose to this side of the Hudson River. -- Bergen Record

Multiple sources said the teams engaged in discussions on Tuesday and again on Wednesday.
The Knicks' package for Carter, who can opt out of his deal at season's end, also centered around Frye, the young forward that the Nets coveted in the 2005 draft. The Knicks' offer was also believed to have included Jerome James ($5.4 million this season) and Malik Rose ($7.5 million this season) and one other player, perhaps Kelvin Cato or rookie Renaldo Balkman.
"There was interest on both sides and there were conversations, but what was offered simply didn't appeal to the Nets," a league executive said. -- New York Post
At least two general managers revealed that the Nets discussed a deal for Carter that would have included Jamal Crawford and Channing Frye. Another player, believed to be Malik Rose, would have to be included for salary-cap purposes. A league source said that the Knicks are refusing to part with David Lee, and that could potentially kill the deal.
A Knicks source said the team is not close to acquiring Carter, although the same official acknowledged that Thomas is still fond of the Nets' All-Star shooting guard. Also, Knicks GM Glen Grunwald was running the Raptors when Toronto drafted Carter. -- New York Daily News
Vince Carter's agent/attorney visited the Nets' practice facility Tuesday and had a conversation with team president Rod Thorn, multiple sources said.
It's likely Carter's contract situation came up when Thorn spoke with Kurt Schoeppler, but sources said there wasn't any talk of hammering out an extension. -- Bergen Record

Makes no sense for the Nets. Frye plays the same position as Nenad Kristic, and Crawford and Rose are both highly paid for not doing a heck of a lot. The Nets would *HAVE* to be able to get more than that for VC.

Neither team will do anything in the playoffs so I don't see the point in making this trade.

Vince needs to go to a contender.

i could see the reason for the Knicks, they need a superstar, VC would be marketed like hell in NY.

i could see the reason for the Knicks, they need a superstar, VC would be marketed like hell in NY.

Plus, Curry,Lee,Richarderson,VC, and Marbury isn't an awful starting 5 in the EASTERN CONFERENCE going into next year.

In that conference and that division that starting 5 would win a lot of games next season.

Neither team will do anything in the playoffs so I don't see the point in making this trade.

Both teams are building towards the future and aren't making trades for this year! :shakeno: :shakeno:

Plus, Curry,Lee,Richarderson,VC, and Marbury isn't an awful starting 5 in the EASTERN CONFERENCE going into next year.

In that conference and that division that starting 5 would win a lot of games next season.

Ya that would be a nice lineup, they have no bench but oh well. To bad Isiah will find a way to **** it up, if that trade did go down.

Ya that would be a nice lineup, they have no bench but oh well. To bad Isiah will find a way to **** it up, if that trade did go down.

This is the EAST though. Not the West. You can get by with a team with flaws and no bench and win a lot of games in the EAST.

You're half right: there's no point whatsoever for the Nets to make it. (That's why it won't get done. It would take a really special brand of stupidity to pull the trigger on a deal like this.) There's plenty of reason for the Knicks to do it, though. They can trade two bad players with big contracts (Crawford and Rose) for a really good player, and only sacrifice a guy who isn't even their best power forward. Even if the Knicks aren't going anywhere, that's a *MAJOR* upgrade for them.

The more bodies the Knicks get rid of, the better off they are. Isiah Thomas, like many coaches, does his best work when he doesn't have a ton of choices on the bench, and is forced to stick to a strict 8 or 9 man rotation. And anything that gets David Lee more minutes will only help.

And I agree with Mike: in the Eastern Conference, a starting lineup of Curry, Lee, Richardson, Carter and Marbury isn't a bad thing. Richardson has actually been bashed as overrated for so long that he's now underrated, if that makes sense. He shoots the three well and outrebounds most small forwards. If they had a true point guard to distribute the ball (which Marbury most certainly is not), that would really make that team come together.

Is the deadline over? If that trade went down, I'd start watching basketball again

that team is just awful. And the nets would do that trade because vince carter isnt going to resign with them after this year. Thats why they were trying to trade him.

Back
Top Bottom