Vince Carter traded to the Orlando Magic | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vince Carter traded to the Orlando Magic

awwwwwww yeah. i liked lee but i'll take vince any day of the week.

wonder how he will fit in and what he has left in the tank

Crazy NBA. I guess it depends on how this effects the Turkoglu re-signing. If they have to let him walk because of Carter's monster contract then its a lousy trade.

Crazy NBA. I guess it depends on how this effects the Turkoglu re-signing. If they have to let him walk because of Carter's monster contract then its a lousy trade.

C'mon, Carter is better than Turk. They both dished out about 5 assists a game, and both of them grabbed about 5 bds. a game. However, VC averaged more points and shot a better percentage from the field while doing it. Never mind the fact he often commands the double team.

Yeah, Turk is a distributer who can dribble and pass well for his size, but with Nelson back that will be less needed.

Well the Nets got Courtney and Devin Harris should be nice in the back court

this allows Lewis to play SF, his natural position, and Carter to play SG, his preferred position. Anderson is also a nice player to have off the bench

C'mon, Carter is better than Turk. They both dished out about 5 assists a game, and both of them grabbed about 5 bds. a game. However, VC averaged more points and shot a better percentage from the field while doing it. Never mind the fact he often commands the double team.

Yeah, Turk is a distributer who can dribble and pass well for his size, but with Nelson back that will be less needed.

Its not whether Carter is better than Turkoglu, but if hes better than Turk and Lee. Maybe they still resign Turkoglu. I don't really know....it just seems unlikely that they'll be willing to pay that much of a luxury tax penalty.

It seems remarkably similar to the Shaq trade. Both are getting up there in age and are horrible defensive players....and both need the ball in their hands to be effective on the offensive end. It might work....just seems like an awfully risky move.

Thoughts on why? Not being sarcastic or anything but just want to hear your input on why it's a bad trade?

Well to be honest i'm partial to youthful guys with a lot of potential. I like Lee as a player and think he'll improve a lot. On the flip side i've never been a fan of VC, I think he wasted a lot of his potential, and is on the decline.

I understand Orlando wants to win now, so maybe it will work out. Just not a trade i'd be interested in if i were them.

they did not waste time in filling the void of hedu

Vince Carter = Locker room Cancer.
signed: All of Toronto.

Good trade for both teams IMO. The magic were probably gonna lose Hedo anyway. If anything, this trade betters Orlando's chances of keeping Hedo because of the cap room cleared between Rafer and Battie (Battie made almost as much as Hedo this year). Not to mention the fact that having another player to take the pressure off of him might entice Hedo to resign with the Magic. On New Jersey's side, they got youth in courtney lee and two other real solid players.

Vince is a hometown hero around these parts and I think this team will work well with him.

Back
Top Bottom