Vince Wilfork wants to play in MIAMI!!!...or Tampa | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vince Wilfork wants to play in MIAMI!!!...or Tampa

calientecarlos

Scout Team
Reaction score
I know this article was sort of posted before but take a look at this:
Defensive tackle Vince Wilfork said he would consider it a "slap in the face" if the New England Patriots place the franchise tag on him, which is expected if a long-term extension is not reached.

[The franchise tag] is decent money for most people out there. What I do, it's OK. But I don't look at myself as an OK player. ... It's just basically a slap in my face and an insult to me to basically tell me I'm an OK player."

” -- Patriots nose tackle Vince Wilfork
"I want a long-term deal or I want to be free. Point blank," Wilfork said during an interview on Boston sports radio station WEEI.
Wilfork, who has been vocal since before the season about his desire for an extension, just finished the final season of a six-year rookie contract. He is in line for a raise and long-term deal if he hits the open market. The Patriots could prevent him from being a free agent if they place the franchise tag on him, which they could do during a two-week stretch in February.
"I didn't like that six-year deal but I did honor my six-year deal," Wilfork said on WEEI on Wednesday. "Now that the deal is up, it's time for me to move forward, with the Patriots or without the Patriots."
The 28-year-old Wilfork, a two-time Pro Bowl player, told the South Florida Sun-Sentinel that he would be amenable to continuing his career in his native Florida -- with either the Miami Dolphins or the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Wilfork played collegiately at Miami.
"I love great weather. I love football. It doesn't matter where I play," Wilfork told the Sun-Sentinel in Thursday's editions. "I just want to have security for my family. I would love to stay in New England if I had the chance. I love New England because of my teammates, my family. My son, the friends and connections we've made up there, it's some great people up there. But if it doesn't work out I'll weigh my options, I tell you that."

Back
Top Bottom