vince young at # 16? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

vince young at # 16?

Wallace758 said:
just look at aaron rodgers last year..suppose to be the top pick..slides down to the packers at 24 i believe

Rodgers was never considered to be the TOP pick last year, that is not right at all.

finfanatic99 said:
Did anyone confirm if that wonderlic score was legit?

I guess his first score was 6 , but I have heard two stories. John clayton says he didnt take it seriously the first time but still only scored in the 20's on his retake. I am also hearing that the person who scored the exam was messing up a couple of peoples tests and havent heard about a retake through that story.

LoneWulF said:
if he falls to the 49ers at 5 (or 6?) we should trade up to get him. they took alex smith last year and wouldnt need him..

Yes, if it was Cutler....nope on V. Young.

He scored a 6. Grader messed up the results, yet Young was the only one who got to take it again. Sounds like a CYA move to me.

I wouldn't take Young at 16. I would rather get Brees in FA and use the 16 to fill another hole.

I don't think he will fall like people are saying. One test score can't measure the intangebles of a player like V.Young. That said, It wouldn't surprise me if Cutler goes higher than young after his strong showing at the combine and the senior bowl.

If he really scored a 6 on the wonderlic, than I don't want my fins even sniffing him in the first 5 rounds.

A 6 is horrible!!! I cannot stress this to you guys enough. A 6 means he shouldn't have even graduated from high school, let alone understand an NFL playbook.

I have been a huge fan of Young's and I was praying he would somehow fall to us, but if this is true, then I'd think he'd be better off att WR.

Some scouts believe that the idea that the test was messed up is untrue.

You can take the Wonderlic 3 times. Young's 1st two times he got a 6, and the 3rd time he took it he got a 16.

Anyways, don't want him.

wonderlic not withstanding we have a better chance of getting hit by 2 comets AND getting struck by lightning than getting Vince Young.

This is going to be the ultimate in over analysis. The wonderlic test, the release blah, blah, blah. We all saw what he did to USC. He single handedly beat a potential dynasty in college football.

What I saw was a guy, who when surrounded and even in the grasp of players, was calmly looking down the field as if nothing was happening. Any team that bypasses him will rue the day.

Wallace758 said:
...the guy beat one of the best teams in college football history by himself...

BS, Texas' defense played a big part in that game and USC's defense was 39th in the country, hardly the best all time.

Back
Top Bottom