Vince Young may not have scored a 6 after all | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vince Young may not have scored a 6 after all

also who knows, If the test scores were wrong, they might be lower.

Come to think of it, how would you make a mistake? They're freaking scan trons.

ChambersWI said:
also who knows, If the test scores were wrong, they might be lower.

Come to think of it, how would you make a mistake? They're freaking scan trons.
Scantrons are wrong all the time. They went over the midterms in our school and like 5% of the questions were graded wrong.

The wonderlic doesn't always say lot. Marino and Elway didn't get too high of a wonderlic score, look at them now? The league's best ever and hall of famers.

GridIronKing34 said:
The wonderlic doesn't always say lot. Marino and Elway didn't get too high of a wonderlic score, look at them now? The league's best ever and hall of famers.
True, but a 6 (if true) is utterly terrible. A score under 10 signifies illiteracy!

I think Frank Gore got a 9 and they said that was because he had a severe learning disability. In that regard, comparing VY's 6 and Marino's 16 is a joke.

GridIronKing34 said:

true, but both of them had football intelligence. Both could read defenses.

Young was so dominant because they simplified the offense for him a lot. Back when they ran a pro offense with Benson and Williams, Young struggled. He didn't start to dominate until they moved to a shotgun with Young's first being being the option. If he chose not to hand off the ball, he would run. When he did pass it, they were lobs to 6'5 WRs who were in single coverage against 6' CBs.

Unlike Marino and Elway, Young did not prove that he could read defenses at the colligate(sp?) level.

The best news about this might be teams passing up on Young and he might reach us.

A QB might arguably be the only position where you see a corelation between success and Wonderlic scores. Of course there are always exceptions

PhinsPhan said:
The best news about this might be teams passing up on Young and he might reach us.

A QB might arguably be the only position where you see a corelation between success and Wonderlic scores. Of course there are always exceptions

In my opinion if Young dropped to us (which is possible if the Rams pass on him) then we try to fleece some team for picks or pass on him all together.

unifiedtheory said:
In my opinion if Young dropped to us (which is possible if the Rams pass on him) then we try to fleece some team for picks or pass on him all together.

I agree, lets pray.

SpeedRush99 said:
I agree, lets pray.
I hope not, Young is gonna be a really good player. don't buy into the wonderlic test, they don't mean anything in the NFL. I don't even know why they test it at the combine. he passed college which means he is smart enough to pass that test with higher scores

I dont care, let him drop to 16. Take em and watch him take over and show the world what morons they are.

nick1 said:
I hope not, Young is gonna be a really good player. don't buy into the wonderlic test, they don't mean anything in the NFL. I don't even know why they test it at the combine. he passed college which means he is smart enough to pass that test with higher scores

Seriously, no offense Nick, but you have a lot to learn about university sports programs. First off a rather significant number of athletes do not graduate. Secondly, it's not uncommon for them to be provided with tutors (as well as extremely easy courses). In short, anything and everything is done to keep them eligible. So, it's actually no surprise here to read of someone scoring extremely low with the wonderlic.

Back
Top Bottom