Vincent in Miami, again... just dreaming! / Vincent | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vincent in Miami, again... just dreaming! / Vincent

-81- McMichael

Active Roster
Reaction score
Vincent in Miami, again... just dreaming!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2003/0603/1562711.html

Philadelphia, I think, would be making a big mistake to let him go this year. Next year... maybe. But Vincent has always been "da man!"

How cool would it be to have him finish where he started. I KNOW WE DON'T NEED HIM (save it). I'm just saying... it would be super cool to have him in a 'Phins uniform again... even if just as a nickel back.

Could you imagine it? Surtain, Madison, Vincent! :jawdrop:

That's one seriously bad-ass group of corners (not that the current list is any less scary with T-Bucket in there now).

Anyways, just dreaming.

So sad that Jimmy felt he "had to" purge Shula's favorite players... Coleman, Vincent, etc.

On the other hand, if we'd had Vincent... we might never have drafted Madison. Right? Or Surtain, even.

Who knows. One thing, though, I think it would be cool to see a guy like Vincent get a ring. Classy act... always.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think its a question on Philly letting him walk.

Philly's policy is clear with any player over 30, and they have to sign Taylor also.

Their loss, then.

Originally posted by Emskirch
I don't think its a question on Philly letting him walk.

Philly's policy is clear with any player over 30, and they have to sign Taylor also.

I think it's their loss, then. I mean, has Vincent lost more than maybe just a step? Wasn't what-his-name for the Redskins playing shut-down corner for like 100 years or something?

Where do you draw the line on a player between youth (speed/athleticism/durability/etc) and experience (knowing where to be/anticipation/quick reads/etc)?

Hey, I totally agree with you, why did they let Brian Mitchell walk? He wasn't asking for alot to stay, and he went in the division.

Why did they let DE Hugh Douglas walk, and going to replace him with a rookie. He only had 13 sacks last year.

This is a club that is WAY under the salary cap, and went to the NFC championship two years in a row.

Why do they subtract instead of add?

Because although they will deny it, they don't want to keep players over 30 and sign them to long term contracts.

Vincent will be out there next year, its ashame, and although it sounds nice, there would be no way for us to afford him :mad:

Originally posted by FinsGoToGuy
I can't wait McNabb to turn 30 so we can sign him.
:cool:

Hate to say it, BUT, he is one QB that is WAYYYYY overrated.

Can't throw a 20 yard out to save his life.

But, he's got the wheels. I would take Vick over McNabb any day.

Vincent in Miami again....just dreaming!

He will be in Miami again. On Dec. 15th...:lol:

I remember when he left I was really pissed He was one of my favorite defensive guys at the time!!! But chances are he will never be in our uniform again

I would definitely take him, but how much can we afford to spend on our secondary?

Some thing I recall when Vincent was a Free Agent and before he signed with Philadelphia, Jimmy Johnson after placing a transition tag on him and Marco Coleman, was offering a pretty big deal for Vincent despite salary cap problems. But for some $400,000 more he chose Philli over us!

Vincent

Although we can't afford him, Vincent is an interesting guy, because he has stated before that he will eventually move to FS to prolong his career (ala Rod Woodson). With Brock Marion possibly a goner next year, its something we may look at, if he is either kept for one more year, or only goes to another team for a year.

That's because

Some thing I recall when Vincent was a Free Agent and before he signed with Philadelphia, Jimmy Johnson after placing a transition tag on him and Marco Coleman, was offering a pretty big deal for Vincent despite salary cap problems. But for some $400,000 more he chose Philli over us!

He's from trenton, which is a 30 minute ride to Philly. Though Vincent started his career in Miami, Philly is closer to home.

But that's why we sign S. Knight..we still have Freeman. So if Marion can't be kept, we've signed insurance.

You can forget about Vincent...for this year, at least. He has already said he would play the final year of his contract ( at $4.4mil ) with the Eagles. Even tho he would like to have his contract restructured now, he says he will not insist on it. But after this year, he said "There's a good chance I won't be here" .
Bobby Taylor is another matter. He and Duce Stayley are "sitting out" the voluntary passing camp - that started this week- because they want THEIR final years to be re-structured into extensions. If they miss some of the upcoming mandatory mini camps, the Eagles may shop them around. They've done dumber things. ( Taylor is in the final year ( $4.1 mil)of a six year $28 mil deal):wizard:

Back
Top Bottom