Vincent out, Ko Simpson in | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vincent out, Ko Simpson in

Iroquois Joe

Starter
Reaction score
Maybe the Dolphins caught a break.....

Maybe not. Simpson has proven to have a nose for the ball in camp and what he lacks in experience he makes up in youth, smarts and speed. He was projected as a low 1st/ high 2nd round pick and is pisssed he fell to the 4th round. Comming out early, he feels has something to prove.

He looked better than Allen anyway.

On the other hand he could be taken to school by Culpepper and your receivers. Have to wait and see. My guess is somewere in between, like in NE

http://http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2006/simpson_ko

http://http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4131

Well sorry.... my links arn't working

Vincent placed on I.R.
by Chris Brown, Lead Journalist Last Updated: 9/13/2006 1:13 PM ET

Troy Vincent's hamstring injury in Week One has brought an abrupt end to his 2006 season. The Bills starting free safety was placed on injured reserve as his injury left Buffalo with just three healthy safeties on their roster. With Vincent's injury likely to keep him out three to four weeks it would have left the Bills with only Ko Simpson, Coy Wire and Donte Whitner available as veteran Matt Bowen is still on the mend. Bowen did not practice with the team Wednesday.
It's anticipated that Buffalo's rookie safeties, Whitner and Simpson will start Sunday at Miami.
Both played three quarters of last week's game together and didn't give up much to Tom Brady and the New England offense. Whitner finished with seven tackles and his first career interception. Simpson finished with six tackles.
For Vincent the injury could potentially signal the end to a fabulous career that began in Miami when he was taken by the Dolphins with the seventh overall pick in the 1992 NFL Draft.
Vincent went to the Pro Bowl five consecutive years from 2000-2004 as a cornerback. He's played in 199 NFL games in his career and entered the 2006 season as the NFL leader in interceptions among active players with 47. He tied for the team lead in interceptions in 2005 with four and set a career high with 102 tackles for Buffalo last season.
spacer-1.gif

Their inexperience may be an advantage for Miami, but the heat could take a toll on them more so than the vets, I don't know if they have played in high heat and humidity before.

How this affects Buffalo the rest of the season remains to be seen, most rookies struggle anyway, but we'll see if they are exceptions.

Ko Simpson played his college ball at South Carolina. I bet he caught a little heat and humidity from time to time.

TigerJ said:
Ko Simpson played his college ball at South Carolina. I bet he caught a little heat and humidity from time to time.

I don't think it can be as bad as it is over here during the summer, its been hotter than it usally is this summer.

PatsSuck456 said:
I don't think it can be as bad as it is over here during the summer, its been hotter than it usally is this summer.

According to Weather.com, the average high temperature in Miami in both July and August is 87. In Columbia, South Carolina, the average high temperature is 92 and 90 respectively during those two months. On Sunday, the predicted high temperature for both cities is 87 degrees. MMiami, being on the east, typically catches easterly trade winds off the Atlantic Ocean, so at least near the coast the temperatures and the feel of the air is moderated somewhat.

I spent a week in Orlando in August once, so I do appreciate what that central Florida heat and humidity can be like, but South Carolina in the summer has a very similar feel.

TigerJ said:
According to Weather.com, the average high temperature in Miami in both July and August is 87. In Columbia, South Carolina, the average high temperature is 92 and 90 respectively during those two months. On Sunday, the predicted high temperature for both cities is 87 degrees. MMiami, being on the east, typically catches easterly trade winds off the Atlantic Ocean, so at least near the coast the temperatures and the feel of the air is moderated somewhat.

I spent a week in Orlando in August once, so I do appreciate what that central Florida heat and humidity can be like, but South Carolina in the summer has a very similar feel.

I have been to both Carolina's in the summer, and it was hot, I mean u felt the sun just blazing on u . . . however, it just doesn't compare to the stickiness and wear down on you type of weather of South Florida . . . I don't think its this bad anywhere else but here. Even if Carolina is 95 and we are just 90, that humidity is the difference, forget those winds lol, they blowing nothing but hot air.

Buffalo drafted well. Donte Whitner and Ko Simpson will be good for them for many, many years. Ko Simpson was a steal at the 3rd round.

Vertical Limit said:
Buffalo drafted well. Donte Whitner and Ko Simpson will be good for them for many, many years. Ko Simpson was a steal at the 3rd round.
Yea man, originally I was hoping that we tried to get him in the 3rd round (or try to trade down and get him in the late first or early second) and go with possibly Outside LB or OLine w/ the first pick . . . but I'm sure it will all work out in the long run . . . Allen hopefully is a future star as well as Hagan. Toledo, R. Wright and Evans are bonuses IMO . . . plus with Gibson and Vick . . . Nick did his thing, can't argue with him.

Vertical Limit said:

Tru dat, so we need to take advantage of their inexperience now.

Vertical Limit said:

We actually got Ko Simpson in the 4th round.

The Bills picked Ashton Youboty with their 3rd round pick.

GoBills24 said:
We actually got Ko Simpson in the 4th round.

The Bills picked Ashton Youboty with their 3rd round pick.
Oh wow, and I completely forgot about Ashton Youboty.

I remember reading mock drafts in nfldraftcountdown.com and both Ko Simpson & Ashton Youboty were projected to be in the first round numerous of times.

3 years from now and that secondary may turn out to be just as good or maybe even better than the Ravens.

Vertical Limit said:
Oh wow, and I completely forgot about Ashton Youboty.

I remember reading mock drafts in nfldraftcountdown.com and both Ko Simpson & Ashton Youboty were projected to be in the first round numerous of times.

3 years from now and that secondary may turn out to be just as good or maybe even better than the Ravens.

Maybe.

Hopefully when Youboty gets on the field this year, he can show flashes of brilliance at nickel corner.

He may have to take over for Clements, if he leaves after this year.

Our draft class has been outstanding so far, I just hope it continues throughout the long season.

GoBills24 said:
Maybe.

Hopefully when Youboty gets on the field this year, he can show flashes of brilliance at nickel corner.

He may have to take over for Clements, if he leaves after this year.

Our draft class has been outstanding so far, I just hope it continues throughout the long season.
Then Clements can come to Miami.:D

Back
Top Bottom