Voice your opinion and get warning points? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Voice your opinion and get warning points?

finfan75

Starter
Reaction score
"Warning points have been added to your warning metter for posting an off topic thread in the Miami Dolphins forum.

2 points were added and they will expire in 30 days."

Meter is spelled with one T I would think you would have an administration that could spell. This has gotten ridiculous guys. What are we 6 years old in a clubhouse? If we don't agree with the admin we get warning points? Is this place run by Nazi's? This site has gotten crazy. You don't deserve a donation, and I bet someone that has donated would not get points for voicing his opinion.

finfan75 said:
"Warning points have been added to your warning metter for posting an off topic thread in the Miami Dolphins forum.

Meter is spelled with one T I would think you would have an administration that could spell. This has gotten ridiculous guys. What are we 6 years old in a clubhouse? If we don't agree with the admin we get warning points? Is this place run by Nazi's? This site has gotten crazy. You don't deserve a donation, and I bet someone that has donated would not get points for voicing his opinion.

So your response to being warned about posting off-topic threads is to post another?

You may want to take a few minutes to read the TOS and browse some of the other forums. There is a forum set up for Questions and Suggestions.

Finz Fury said:
:shakeno:

If you don't like it here than leave.

C'mon dude, that's a lame response.

Anyway, finfan75, what did you voice your opinion about? I've been on this site for several years and wouldn't go anywhere else for Fins info. It's a very well run site and I've seen people get out of hand. Either what you said was really inappropriate or was misconstrued. Also, you might want to prepare now but I'm sure this thread will get moved to the Rant forum.

So you post once again in the wrong forum? Then because you don't like the points, you come out and attack the site and the members who help keep it going? Not a smart idea at all.

I assure you that even long-time members who have donated are subject to the site TOS and do get punished for wrongs committed. If you value your membership here, you'd be well advised to become familiar with the TOS and abide by those rules.

K-Rob said:
C'mon dude, that's a lame response.

Anyway, finfan75, what did you voice your opinion about? I've been on this site for several years and wouldn't go anywhere else for Fins info. It's a very well run site and I've seen people get out of hand. Either what you said was really inappropriate or was misconstrued. Also, you might want to prepare now but I'm sure this thread will get moved to the Rant forum.
i dont think so

Finz Fury said:

If people just walked away from things that should be changed then you wouldnt even be here right now.

Thanks K-Rob

I've been here a while and all I said was that this wasnt a Argo forum it was a Dolphin forum. That thread was deleted. Ricky doesnt play for this team anymore etc.

finfan75 said:

I have to agree with your sentiment somewhat, I believe that some of the mods can be over zealous at times. At the same time though you have to understand that for the most part it keeps the board from getting cluttered. There is a lot of good information on this site so sometimes you just have to deal with the other frustrations.

finfan75 said:

I can speak against all the Mods, but you're right, ever since AJ stepped out of the picture, some mods have tend to abuse their authority...Almost if they've gone stricter.

I can't complian becuase I love this site, but if the mods don't be careful, they'll lose the fan base.

The reason i say this is because I was suspended without warning for 2 days at one time for quoting a rap song that had explicit lyrics and I subbed those lyrics with asteriks (*). I've been a memeber since finheaven bearly began their messageboards.

All you can do is try and follow the rules.

Jimmy James said:
I assure you that even long-time members who have donated are subject to the site TOS and do get punished for wrongs committed. If you value your membership here, you'd be well advised to become familiar with the TOS and abide by those rules.

That's a good way to look at it. I must admit though my frustrations with some of the mod's activities have keep me from donating, everyone is different. I guess if you follow the TOS then you can stay off the hit list, most of the time...:wink:

finfan75 said:
If people just walked away from things that should be changed then you wouldnt even be here right now.

Thanks K-Rob

I've been here a while and all I said was that this wasnt a Argo forum it was a Dolphin forum. That thread was deleted. Ricky doesnt play for this team anymore etc.

Hey man, my comments were a lot less offensive than yours. All i'm saying is rules are rules. You won't changed the mods perspectives by bashing them.

I'm sympathetic to the concerns about overzealous mods. They're imperfect people like all of us who have volunteered for a tough job. My suggestion would be to use this Questions forum and/or to plead your case to an admin if you are convinced that you have complied with the rules but were improperly punished.

finfan75 said:

Thanks K-Rob

Ricky is still under contract to the Dolphins.
I'll be nice and not give you points for personal insults (Nazis?)
and annoyance..... this time.
Post in the correct forum, and you won't have a problem.
Continue along this path, and you will.

Finz Fury said:

I love when people respond with this. So no one is allowed to voice their opinion if they disagree with anything? Just if you disagree and dont like it, leave.

Im sure a good majority of members at one point disagreed with something. You know the saying "you cant please everyone." Well if everyone who was displeased at any point in time just got up and left, there would never be anything at all.

People should be allowed to share their opinion as long as they do it tastefully and in the proper manner.

Back
Top Bottom