Vonnie Holliday | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vonnie Holliday

phinfan2003 said:
I thought that Jay Williams was pretty good for us. I think a lot of people started to dislike him when he made those comments about Saban but while he was here, he was an important part of the DL rotation. If Holliday can fill his shoes, than he'll be fine.

Jay Williams was a rock. People bad mouth him all the time on this board because of some of his statements after discovering Saban was to be the coach. Yet anyone who saw him play saw nothing but blue collar hard work. He was a beast against the run ala the way Kenny Mixon was for us a few years back, but also had better pass rush abilities.

CK,

Although I appreciate your insight.... is Grady Jackson really the answer we need at DT? I see him as a short term solution, the starting Dline is already all around 30 years old and we need to get younger. If we were a playoff contender and were going to make 2-3 good superbowl runs, then I would agree with your theory.

However I kinda believe we are in a semi-rebuilding mode and Grady Jackson could help us get through this year, but where do we go from there? We will have Jackson and Carter in multi million contracts along with JT. 3 Guys in their 30s making a good chunk of change.... financially that doesnt make sense for the teams future.

Im disappointed in Manuel Wright's performance.... as of right now I feel we need 2 young DT's to groom for our line and I was hoping he would be able to be one of them....... Haloti Ngata and Rod Wright to me are my early 1st round choice for the team.... however I am sure that pick will change 20x times over the upcoming season. :lol:

Grady Jackson is a bum.

The guy wasn't even guarenteed of MAKING the GB roster for the regular season and were talking about a piss poor run defense there.

Back
Top Bottom