Vote for QB | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vote for QB

Who would your rather have at their best?

• Brett Favre

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • Dan Marino

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • Someone else

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NCCHEESEHEAD

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Let's vote, I'm posting this on the Packer Board too. Who would you want as QB: Marino at his best or Favre at his best. Me I would take Favre, though I wouldn't tell Marino to go away. Brett just has that Linebacker attitude, and he doesn't know how to quit.

of course, every Dolphan id going to vote for Dan :rolleyes: and they w/b right :lol:

We all know that Packer fans love Favre and Dolphins fans love Marino. They are both Hall of Fame QB's, and both rank in the top 5 to ever play the game IMO. Let's try and look at this from the outside looking in, not as a fan of one of the teams. If you were the GM of some random team, lets say the Bengals (it's OK, it's just hypothetical), and you could choose Favre or Marino in their primes to lead your team, who would you take?
I vote for Favre, but I would be thrilled to get Marino.

Originally posted by dolphan39
of course, every Dolphan id going to vote for Dan :rolleyes: and they w/b right :lol:

actually I did not....I love Dan but I think Favre is the more complete QB.

Dan was the best pocket passer and best passer ever but Favre brings mobility, ability to hand of to a running back etc with him.

If I look at the complete QB I would favor Favre....

Originally posted by FFiB

actually I did not....I love Dan but I think Favre is the more complete QB.

Dan was the best pocket passer and best passer ever but Favre brings mobility, ability to hand of to a running back etc with him.

If I look at the complete QB I would favor Favre....
you are brave man, and not 100% a homer ;)

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Drew!
;) We seen Drew at his best in '96 in Superbowl XXXI . Everyone knows how that turned out :D

Both are magnificant QB's in their prime.... Heck, even for the entire career and Favre's is not yet over..... But being a homer I would take Favre..... Basically if you were a fan of another team and looking at this objectively, you would flip a coin and whatever it lands on, thats who you would take.

Both of theese guys are easily in the Elite. The best of the best to ever play the position.

If I had to list them on a #1 -#5 of all time I would say

1) Marino
2) Elway
3) Montana
4) Favre
5) Kelly

JM2CW

From the Packer board, it's 25 to 0 for Favre. Of course it's about what I expected, though many posters did say that Marino would be a great option as well. Most cited Favre's mobility and making plays out of nothing as the determining factor.

Besides, Marino could move somewhat before he became ancient. And Marino never had a great surrounding core, which explains the 10 fingers he has without rings on them.

Marino was the best passer ever, hands down. But I don't think he was the best qb ever.

Between these two, my choice would actually depend on the rest of the personnel. With the right supporting cast, Marino's arm could make a team near invincible. But if it comes to picking 10 guys out of the stands and scoring on the Bengals, you gotta make Favre your qb.

Jeff

Originally posted by JeffJewell
But if it comes to picking 10 guys out of the stands and scoring on the Bengals, you gotta make Favre your qb.

Awwww, c'mon.... I could QB a score against the Bungles... and I'm a FB. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom