VT assistant comes out against Vick, his star player | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

VT assistant comes out against Vick, his star player

MikeO

Premium Member
Club Member
Reaction score
http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/13535406.htm

His own position coach at VT is throwing Marcus Vick under the bus for yesterdays incident. He should be suspended for a few games next year. Probably will be held out of a scrimmiage as punishment knowing the slime at VT. The ACC and NCAA need to step in and do something.

As the article said.... ...
Pure, unadulterated nonsense. The younger brother of Pro Bowl quarterback and former Tech All-American Michael Vick is not a first-time offender who deserves a pass. He is a fine football player see the tape of Monday's second half for the latest evidence who has been a problem child since he departed Warwick High in Newport News, Va., for Blacksburg.

Liquor, marijuana, under-aged girls, flipping off fans at West Virginia.

If I were in charge, no less than a 5 game suspension to open up next season. His resume is too long at this point. A game or two or anything like that just isnt' enough.

let it go mike, i think that everyone is in agreement that he's a punk, but you seem to have some personal crusade against him.

Phishstix said:
let it go mike, i think that everyone is in agreement that he's a punk, but you seem to have some personal crusade against him.

:shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: It's not every day you see a position coach throw a kid from his own team let alone a superstar under the bus.

There's word that he may enter the draft.

I went home for lunch and saw the replay for the first time. Wow! If someone woulda done that to my teammate I woulda leveled him. I don't care if I'd get thrown out. There's no place for something like that...at least not unless it's in a pile-up :-)

finfan187 said:
I went home for lunch and saw the replay for the first time. Wow! If someone woulda done that to my teammate I woulda leveled him. I don't care if I'd get thrown out. There's no place for something like that...at least not unless it's in a pile-up :-)

I agree. There's a Louisville defensive tackle right near him staring at Vick as he does it. If I were that guy, Marcus would have gone flying about 10 feet for what he did. I'd take my ejection.

ckparrothead said:
I agree. There's a Louisville defensive tackle right near him staring at Vick as he does it. If I were that guy, Marcus would have gone flying about 10 feet for what he did. I'd take my ejection.

Me too.....

CK I know earlier in the year we were chatting about Vick and his potential but stuff like this just keeps me away from him.

Talent or not, he seems to lack onfield common sense and sportsmanlike conduct. I realize off-field issues should also be taken into account, but man if you cant trust a guy to act with class on the field how can you what him to be part of your team.

Its a shame.

finfan187 said:

Agreed. Its pathetic that Vick did that, but man, if I was that DT/DE watching him do that I would have ripped off his helmet and taken him down. If the refs were going to eject me, I would have gotten the most out of my ejection.

byroan said:
There's word that he may enter the draft.

Unfortunately this may be what will keep VT from punishing him really hard. If they threw the book at him he would probaly enter the draft. VT needs to tighten up, Vick went wayyy too far in this incident.

wow first time ive seen that....thats unreal that he didnt leave on a stretcher

Phishstix said:

I almost feel like starting my own crusade against Marcus Vick myself. I never have rooted for a player to get hurt, but I feel inclined to see this punk get his knees taken out and his career ended in the pros. He has no place in the game if he's gonna do stuff like that.

Hi Im Marcus Vick I got recruited to V tech under my brothers name, I fold under pressure in big games like against Miami and Florida State, I actually played behind a QB for 2 years because the coaches thought he was a better player than me, I lack my brothers arm and legs, and I have terrible off the field habits....but hey my name is Vick so its all good

I wanted to like him a couple years ago....but no...he hasnt proven anything to me on or off the field I hope he enters the draft and no-one selects him

Back
Top Bottom