Wade smith to play center? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wade smith to play center?

Amars

Championship or nothing.
Reaction score
What do you guys think.
This would be a upgrade if he could play that position.

Center choices: The Dolphins have options at center. Although Seth McKinney re-signed in the off-season, new line coach Hudson Houck moved Wade Smith from offensive tackle to center this spring.

Smith said all the lineman are learning to play every position on the line. Smith, a center at Memphis, said getting playing time is what's important.

"My favorite position is the one that's going to get me on the field," Smith said

By Carlos Frias

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Friday, May 27, 2005

If it works, I'm for it. After last year, if anything works, I'm for it.

Amars said:
What do you guys think.

"My favorite position is the one that's going to get me on the field," Smith said

By Carlos Frias

Friday, May 27, 2005

My favorite player is a player who can play his position good and deserves to be on the field.

Amars said:
Smith said all the lineman are learning to play every position on the line. Smith, a center at Memphis, said getting playing time is what's important.

When did Smith play center at Memphis? I thought he was a TE his first two years and then was converted to OT.

Center is the graveyard for smart tackles that are not athletic enough.... guards are the graveyard for tackles that are not smart enough to play center or athletic enough to play tackle.....

thedayafter said:
Center is the graveyard for smart tackles that are not athletic enough.... guards are the graveyard for tackles that are not smart enough to play center or athletic enough to play tackle.....

That's somewhat true.

Looks like Seth, Smith and Hadnot will compete for center. If Hadnot doesn't win it, he'll be right guard, possibly the backup C. Play the best at the position, but nice to feel like we have some options. Last year, nobody was talking about anybody pushing Seth for that position.

Amars said:
What do you guys think.
This would be a upgrade if he could play that position.

Center choices: The Dolphins have options at center. Although Seth McKinney re-signed in the off-season, new line coach Hudson Houck moved Wade Smith from offensive tackle to center this spring.

By Carlos Frias

Friday, May 27, 2005
Well, if he is the best available to play centre then we go with that. As far I as know, he has never played OC before - he was a TE and OT in college. There was talk of him converting to OC or OG in the pros and even as a OT in college he was projected as a project who could pan out to be very special in the long run. I was impressed by Smith in his rookie season as I thought he did a good job given the circumstances - rookie throw in at the deep end at the very difficult position - and he seemed to have leadership qualities and a high degree of maturity about him.

I'm not convinced that he can do the job. I remember too many times last season when he tried to block people with one hand, or by waving at them. If he's center, at least our qb will see the sack coming instead of being blindsidded....

FemaleFinFan said:
I'm not convinced that he can do the job. I remember too many times last season when he tried to block people with one hand, or by waving at them. If he's center, at least our qb will see the sack coming instead of being blindsidded....

Thats because he was so off balanced and not getting help(Well...sometimes). When you play in the middle you have help, guys are bunched up, and I think it will actually help him in the long run. It will limit his thinking, and hopefully be able to glue in on one guy and get him out of the play.

FuturePhin said:
Thats because he was so off balanced and not getting help(Well...sometimes). When you play in the middle you have help, guys are bunched up, and I think it will actually help him in the long run. It will limit his thinking, and hopefully be able to glue in on one guy and get him out of the play.

I hope your right, but I still have my doubts.:shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom