WAIT a minute guys...you're missing a point | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WAIT a minute guys...you're missing a point

Phintasy

R & R...(Ronnie and Randy)
Reaction score
I really believe the reason the 9ers and now the Browns are talking about trading up, down, and side ways...is to create the sense of urgency and give more value to their picks in the draft. The more they all talk about Smith, Edwards, and Rodgers the more value the top 3-5 positions have. It frustrates me that the Bears haven't caught on and jumped in the fray. All this talk has fired up the Bucs, Vikes, Skins, Cards, and Cowboys. Someone is gonna flinch...and there will be some serious trading in our slot, the Browns slot, and quite possibly the Bucs spot. Also...because of all this...someone "special" is going to slip a little, and I hope we're in the last spot available to take him while acquiring several picks to move down to that very spot. The guy I see dropping is M. Williams IF the Vikes make the move for Braylon. If it's the Skins...then I see one of the backs slipping because the Vikes will take Williams. The other team that I'm real curious to see what they'll do is the Bears. With signing Mushin...and they have T. Jones...they don't really truly NEED what the top of the draft offers. If they take someone like Rolle...then Brown and Benson drop a notch too.

This much is true...if the Niners take Smith...Edwards will go #2...and then it gets wild. If the Niners take Rodgers...then it will be Smith and Edwards at 2/3, and it gets REALLY wild.

God I hope the Niners take Rodgers! That would make today a BLAST to watch.

Good luck to us all, and GO PHINS!

I agree. The 49ers were sold on rodgers, then, came the talks about teams trading up with us for smith. Then came the whole "we don't know who we will draft, if we say it, miami has all the power" which we've had all along. Edwards will still be available, in which the power lies. the 49ers pissed me off after that, but hey, its a smart move. And by all three of us not saying who we'll pick, guess what, ours picks are now valued at the NFL value chart.

Tommatt said:
I agree. The 49ers were sold on rodgers, then, came the talks about teams trading up with us for smith. Then came the whole "we don't know who we will draft, if we say it, miami has all the power" which we've had all along. Edwards will still be available, in which the power lies. the 49ers pissed me off after that, but hey, its a smart move. And by all three of us not saying who we'll pick, guess what, ours picks are now valued at the NFL value chart.

Very good point. See, playing chess can be a fun game. :roflmao:

So

You guys can't sleep either huh? lol.

So...what do you REALLY think will play out with us? The Browns, Vikes, or Redskin trades?

I think it's wishful thinking to hope that the 9ers take Rodgers...and I will be shocked to see if the Browns trade with us...both things just seem too good to be true.

I really hope the Vikes or Bucs change their stance and step up to trade with us.

No i cannot sleep. All I can think about is the draft. This has to be the most excited I have ever been about a draft.

Phintasy said:
You guys can't sleep either huh? lol.

So...what do you REALLY think will play out with us? The Browns, Vikes, or Redskin trades?

I think it's wishful thinking to hope that the 9ers take Rodgers...and I will be shocked to see if the Browns trade with us...both things just seem too good to be true.

I really hope the Vikes or Bucs change their stance and step up to trade with us.

I am going with the Vikes trade so that they can pick up Edwards. They have the cap space to sign a 2 pick and need a WR to replace Moss. Plus, I have been watching a lot of Edwards latly an this guys EGO is bigger than Jay Fielders ears.

the niners and everyone else are trying to jump on our bandwagon to trade down....

it was but two months ago people were complaining about no free agency action and how bad this offseason was and all that. This has been fun. Saban is controlling the entire draft from the number two pick. TV personalities are comparing Saban to friggen Communist States, our enemies are confused and we, the long suffering Dolgan, finally have hope. Later today we open up with the suspense of maybe having ALOT of picks instead of just five. And if no-one trades us, so what. We can't hardly lose, a very good, maybe great someday, reciever OR running back. Fun stuff. :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom