Wake me up | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wake me up

Smitten2021

Active Roster
Reaction score
Can we all just stop for a moment and appreciate this? I know many, like myself, always believed in what Tua could become. But I'll be honest and say I've been wrong SO MANY times before. I'm a homer, after all.

Never in my lifetime (tail end of Marino years and on) have we had so much success. To finally have that FRANCHISE QB who is playing EXCEPTIONAL...to finally have the media (begrudgingly) give us love. To have arguably the best WR duo in NFL history and the potential for record setting stats. To have a young/intelligent and COOL head coach. To have a legitimate shot at taking the division and making a RUN AT THE SUPERBOWL!?

Wake me up I said. This has to be a dream.

"It's not just playing with the lead. When trailing, no quarterback owned a higher grade from PFF than Tua heading into Week 11. Same goes for his passer rating, yards per attempt and completion percentage. Tagovailoa also owned the league's lowest expected interception percentage as he entered the bye, a testament to his tasty accuracy. Since returning from his concussion, Tua has thrown for 1,230 yards, 10 touchdowns and zero picks. Yes, he's in a scheme that maximizes his gifts. Yes, the Dolphins did a masterful job building around their quarterback and rapidly molding the roster to fit Mike McDaniel's scheme. Tua, though, shouldn't be dinged for playing in a positive environment. He's operating in dominant fashion inside the league's most explosive attack." -

Last edited:
Can we all just stop for a moment and appreciate this? I know many, like myself, always believed in what Tua could become. But I'll be honest and say I've been wrong SO MANY times before. I'm a homer, after all.

Never in my lifetime (tail end of Marino years and on) have we had so much success. To finally have that FRANCHISE QB who is playing EXCEPTIONAL...to finally have the media (begrudgingly) give us love. To have arguably the best WR duo in NFL history and the potential for record setting stats. To have a young/intelligent and COOL head coach. To have a legitimate shot at taking the division and making a RUN AT THE SUPERBOWL!?

Wake me up I said. This has to be a dream.

"It's not just playing with the lead. When trailing, no quarterback owned a higher grade from PFF than Tua heading into Week 11. Same goes for his passer rating, yards per attempt and completion percentage. Tagovailoa also owned the league's lowest expected interception percentage as he entered the bye, a testament to his tasty accuracy. Since returning from his concussion, Tua has thrown for 1,230 yards, 10 touchdowns and zero picks. Yes, he's in a scheme that maximizes his gifts. Yes, the Dolphins did a masterful job building around their quarterback and rapidly molding the roster to fit Mike McDaniel's scheme. Tua, though, shouldn't be dinged for playing in a positive environment. He's operating in dominant fashion inside the league's most explosive attack." -

Bill Walsh when complementing how great a QB Marino was, admitted that Montana worked great under a specific offense ("Joe Montana was a product of the system. Dan Marino was the system.") yet nobody sane is going to say anything less about Montana then he was easily one of the 5 best QBs to play the game.

Tua is playing in an offense that fits him best, and he is playing elite football in it. That does not, or should not be thought less of what type of QB he is because he works best in a certain Offense.

If it was that easy to turn a QB into an unstoppable Elite QB by just finding the right offense for him, 32 teams would have elite QBs playing most every year.

Tua is special, and not many QBs could play as good as he is playing now, even with the two best WR, TE, and receiving RB on the same team, while having the top line blocking for him. Some of the plays Tua makes, he makes within a split second, anticipated to the point you almost have to believe he might be psychic on what the receiver and defender were going to each do.

Enjoy the ride…it’s still a little early to go too crazy, nothing has actually been accomplished yet.

We’re going to find out soon what this is…..
Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

The best thing is that Tua is by all accounts a great person and teammate. I was pulling for him to find success all along even under the suppression of the Flomax regime and could not be happier he is gaining traction as a star. They need get to playoffs and win at least 1 for this season to be a fond memory IMO...Less than that could still be a bitter pill after the start we have had and seeing other teams we are up against struggle.

The season still hangs in the balance but in Tua we have hope.

One thing before I go go... Tua is still learning the offense, so is everyone else except the RBs. The oline can still get better. The defense has not played up to expectations. Our kicker has the yips. Our head coach is learning on the fly and still not as good as he will be in the future.

All that and we are still operating at a high level. Things are good and they should get better hopefully.

You think 7-3 with the last 4 wins over Pittsburgh(rookie QB), Detroit, Chicago and Cleveland …(Cleveland the only dominant win) is accomplishing something extraordinary in Dolphin history?

I like what I’m seeing, I’m going to enjoy the ride…but I’ve seen too many collapses to get too carried away just yet!

Go out and win 3 out of the next 4…with some playoff contenders…and I’ll start thinking contender!

As Madden used to say…it’s after thanksgiving the contenders start proving it!

You think 7-3 with the last 4 wins over Pittsburgh(rookie QB), Detroit, Chicago and Cleveland …(Cleveland the only dominant win) is accomplishing something extraordinary in Dolphin history?

I like what I’m seeing, I’m going to enjoy the ride…but I’ve seen too many collapses to get too carried away just yet!

Go out and win 3 out of the next 4…with some playoff contenders…and I’ll start thinking contender!

As Madden used to say…it’s after thanksgiving the contenders start proving it!

No Herbert talk no Injury talk one would think you hit your head?

Which QB should we select this year? I kno you are a big proponent of selecting QBs until you hit on the one?

No Herbert talk no Injury talk one would think you hit your head?

Which QB should we select this year? I kno you are a big proponent of selecting QBs until you hit on the one?
You obviously haven’t read my posts concerning Tua’s amazing growth and smarter play following the Steeler game.

He’s shown me the kind of QB I hoped he could be while avoiding big hits. Injury concerns were always my biggest issue with him…he seems to have learned from his mistakes and a lightbulb has gone on!

You obviously haven’t read my posts concerning Tua’s amazing growth and smarter play following the Steeler game.

He’s shown me the kind of QB I hoped he could be while avoiding big hits. Injury concerns were always my biggest issue with him…he seems to have learned from his mistakes and a lightbulb has gone on!

What QB you got locked in for the Phins?

Maybe we can swap unicorn Herbert one for one would you do it??

Last edited:
One thing before I go go... Tua is still learning the offense, so is everyone else except the RBs. The oline can still get better. The defense has not played up to expectations. Our kicker has the yips. Our head coach is learning on the fly and still not as good as he will be in the future.

All that and we are still operating at a high level. Things are good and they should get better hopefully.
Sherfield is also familiar with the offense….thus his increased workload.

Enjoy the ride…it’s still a little early to go too crazy, nothing has actually been accomplished yet.

We’re going to find out soon what this is…..
And that's fair. We've been feasting on some scrubs, but then again, that's what you're supposed to do (preferably by more than a few points).

We've hit a new standard it would seem. Personally, my expectations have shifted upward by a few notches. If they were to meet my newfound level of expectation for them, they'll finish the season 13-4 and firmly in the 2 seed. Big test coming these last 7 games.

I'm thankful for having meaningful football games to watch this time of year.

But I am in no way complacent and accepting of a 7-3 record as any type of distinguished achievement.

MM and TT both know that football seasons typically end in emotional heartache for most players and fans. That's just an unavoidable reality in a world where there can only be one winner.

This team has the make up to be that one team. That's all I can think about it. I've been thinking this way since before the season started.

Before the season started I said that I wanted to play Buffalo 17 games in a row, rather play our actual schedule.

I can't even bring myself to get too excited about this Texans game, it almost feels like work at this point because I want MORE. More than just a win over the worst team in the NFL.

I'll try and stop to smell the roses a bit more along this wild ride but I want to get to that final destination (Arizona) sooooooo bad.

Back
Top Bottom