Wale and the Bears | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wale and the Bears

phinphanbill

Practice Squad
Reaction score
It is clear to me that the Bears still have interest in Adewale (despite the denials). Don't be surprised if they trade down in round #1 to very late in the round to collect a handful of extra picks, then offer that late first rounder (and possibly a third) for Wale. The late first rounder will have significantly less value than the #14 pick. It may even be the 28 spot owned by the Eagles.

Angelo wants Wale but doesn't want to use the #14 pick to get him. Unfortunately for the Bears, Vince Wilfork has raised some eyebrows with his recent weight gain, so Angelo doesn't want to use the #14 on him either. But he still needs a defensive lineman. So look for the trade down and then the offer to the Phins for Wale.

Would we be happy with two firsts (20 and 28) and two thirds while losing Wale?

We could drop from 20 to 30 and pick up a second rounder, too. Then we'd have the 28, 30, a second rounder, and two thirds. Suddenly we are able to draft an OT, OG, S, LB and WR on day one. Do you like?

Then Miami could trade their two thirds for a second and get a better tackle or LB

I like that idea better than the suggestion that we trade our 20th and Ogunleye to Chicago for their 14th and a 3rd rounder. That Idea doesn't make sense to me, like were only getting a 3rd rounder for Wally, but thats just IMO :cooldude:

phinphanbill said:
It is clear to me that the Bears still have interest in Adewale (despite the denials). Don't be surprised if they trade down in round #1 to very late in the round to collect a handful of extra picks, then offer that late first rounder (and possibly a third) for Wale. The late first rounder will have significantly less value than the #14 pick. It may even be the 28 spot owned by the Eagles.

Angelo wants Wale but doesn't want to use the #14 pick to get him. Unfortunately for the Bears, Vince Wilfork has raised some eyebrows with his recent weight gain, so Angelo doesn't want to use the #14 on him either. But he still needs a defensive lineman. So look for the trade down and then the offer to the Phins for Wale.

Would we be happy with two firsts (20 and 28) and two thirds while losing Wale?

We could drop from 20 to 30 and pick up a second rounder, too. Then we'd have the 28, 30, a second rounder, and two thirds. Suddenly we are able to draft an OT, OG, S, LB and WR on day one. Do you like?

Bears | Team Official Says Bears Not Giving Up First-Round Pick For Ogunleye - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 09:08:00 -0700

Updating a previous report, the Miami Herald reports a high-ranking Chicago Bears official has denied a story that the Bears plan to trade for restricted free agent DE Adewale Ogunleye (Dolphins), saying that the team has no intention of giving up its first-round pick – the No. 14 overall selection.

WHAM! smash this thread! ....lets move on, Wale will be a Dolphin!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure a lot of Andrews' fans wont like that much. (especially the trading out of #20 bit). Personally, I'd give a HELL YEA to it.
It sounds great on paper... but the positioning of the 2nd and 3rd picks acquired from all the trading would ultimately seal the deal.
We would effectly trade Wale and #20 for #28, #30 a 2nd and a 3rd. VERY doable.

Sorry Pred... I see no reason to SMASH this thread simply because you want to keep Wale. The draft hasn't happened yet and Wale has yet to sign anything.

And, considering you are a Pacino fan.... I thought you knew...

(Reeves) "Are we negotiating?"
(Pacino) "ALWAYS!"

Well, if that worked out the way you described, it would be fine with me....that eliminates any contract squables and ensures we can sign CC. With those picks, we can go with OL and WR in the first...DT and S and maybe LB in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. We will miss Ogun, no doubt, but we do have JT on one side and people that will fill in with David Bowens and Grigsby...we could even go with a DE on the second day of the draft....In this draft, more picks are better....

You never say never in the NFL. Sometimes they say they are not interested just to bargin.

As long as the Bears need a pass rusher and Miami wants to move OGun anything can happen.

No one knows, could go either way.

Sorry finatic, but Miami has done nothing to suggest they want to move Wale.

They put an unreasonably high tender on him to deter any interest and have played the negotiation situation real cool because they have had no reason to rush things. Bears have dick to trade or pay Wale the kind of contract he's looking for. This thing was over before it started, what does it take for some of you guys to get the net?

There are 2 sides to the trading OGun rumors, who do u believe? Drew Rosenhaus or a high ranking Bears official. I dont think the bears have interest anymore because of their cap situation, but I do think that Rosenhaus is an evil genious who is setting things up for his client to get a big contract. Drew knows what hes doing and in the end he'll win like he always does ( look at what he did for Mcgahee ). I think by draft day he'll get some team to give up a 1st. rd pick for Ogun, but it may not be the bears.

KillerJosh373 said:
( look at what he did for Mcgahee)

Don't be fooled. An agent was not responsible for the Mcgahee pick.

Back
Top Bottom