Walker's film study: Dolphins CB Byron Maxwell | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Walker's film study: Dolphins CB Byron Maxwell

Perfect72

It's Only Happened ONCE!
Reaction score
The Miami Dolphins will begin their offseason program next week after a flurry of activity in free agency. It will be a chance for new head coach Adam Gase to begin implementing his program.

Among the important and new additions to Miami’s roster is cornerback Byron Maxwell. The Dolphins traded down in the first round of the draft -- from No. 8 to No. 13 -- to acquire Maxwell and middle linebacker Kiko Alonso from the Philadelphia Eagles.

With that in mind, I went back and studied Maxwell’s game film from last season. Here is my analysis:

LINK: http://espn.go.com/blog/miami-dolphins/post/_/id/20533/walkers-film-study-dolphins-cb-byron-maxwell

Walker..."film study"

The article underneath that is more concerning

'Officer' Rob Gronkowski reports for duty on South Beach

New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski often has a way of handcuffing the Miami Dolphins' defense. However, the Pro Bowler put a new spin on the term Wednesday.

Gronkowski spent time on South Beach this week hanging out with the Miami Beach police, according to the department's Twitter feed. He has a good rapport with the Miami Beach police department and has stopped by several times before.

As usual, Gronkowski was having a lot of fun Wednesday -- this time on a police motorcycle and taking pictures with members of the department.

Im so glad he set everyone straight.

I have to say...and maybe he is right and everything else I've read is wrong...but from what I read after the first couple of games....Maxwell was solid.

Considering he was in the wrong scheme....it really doesn't bother me much.

From the pros/cons it reads a lot like Sean Smith here. But in my opinion he SHOULD do better due to Joseph playing to his guys strengths and playing press. I think we should play him as the #2 corner because we know he can't handle the better receivers on teams.. Regardless we will need better safety play opposite of jones. I hope we draft Apple and just play him from the start. Take his lumps. We can have jones help on his side if need be.

But hey getting roasted by bigger, faster receivers is nothing new for us... Grimes let us know that last year. Can't wait for him to get roasted this year and shut miko up... "Best cb in the NFL" ... Still.. Delusional

I really wanted Walker to do well when he got the job but he brings nothing of substance to his articles nor does he break any insider news on the team. He tries but he's just not that good.

I really wanted Walker to do well when he got the job but he brings nothing of substance to his articles nor does he break any insider news on the team. He tries but he's just not that good.

tries? 3/4 of his job involves copy and pasting other writes articles and adding a 1 line comment

I have to say...and maybe he is right and everything else I've read is wrong...but from what I read after the first couple of games....Maxwell was solid.

Considering he was in the wrong scheme....it really doesn't bother me much.

He was solid, and I don't think I've read anything ANYWHERE (including in that analysis) that implies he was anything other than solid.

But he's being paid as a top 10 #1 CB (and with the restructure, a top 15 #1 CB) and the reality is he is a top 10 #2 CB. He's more like top 50 getting paid like top 10 - THAT'S the problem. This isn't baseball, value is a necessity.

Back
Top Bottom