Walter Jones and Orlando Pace... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Walter Jones and Orlando Pace...

inFINSible

Don't believe everything you think.
Reaction score
....are both holdouts for their respective teams. I'm sure we are way too tight against the cap to go after either one of these guys without some major reshuffling. BUT, IS there any chance at all that we could somehow wheel and deal for one of these fellas?

They both want signing bonuses of $14 Million+ I wish we could but it is unlikely in the extreme.

Make that $16+ million Ohio. And no, neither one is even close to being on the radar screen. Thats pretty much a direct quote from Spielman.

Fins don't have the 2003 cap space to sign either player and this would just further complicate 2004 cap problems. (2005 things will get better ;) )

Pace wants HUGE money - that's why the Rams haven't locked him up yet.

However, the Rams know that they'll need Pace if they're going to be a contender again. I think they'll get some kind of a deal done.

I don't know about Walter Jones.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Make that $16+ million Ohio. And no, neither one is even close to being on the radar screen. Thats pretty much a direct quote from Spielman.
Spielman also said the team has no interest right now in trading for unsigned left tackles Walter Jones of Seattle or Orlando Pace of St. Louis. Both are ''franchise'' players and asking for huge contracts. Both are seeking deals that would include signing bonuses in excess of $16 million.

''That's not even close to being on the radar,'' Spielman said.
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/6512166.htm

Clump= "CAP MASTER", hehe. Pace would be nice but the guy is nuts asking for that kind of money. Speaking of Duce, he's like the invisible man or something.

Are you sure we couldn't afford a 14 million dollar signing bonus if we signed him to a 14 year contract? :goof:

I know you are kidding but for those who may not know......

you can only spread out a signing bonus for a max. 7 yrs

Originally posted by ckparrothead

Who cares!!! If he joined the Fins he would probably tear his ACL in his first week of practivce anyway.

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
I know you are kidding but for those who may not know......

you can only spread out a signing bonus for a max. 7 yrs

I was kidding but, I did not know that.

Back
Top Bottom