Walterfootball.com 2020 Mock Draft Reflects The Tanking Plan | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Walterfootball.com 2020 Mock Draft Reflects The Tanking Plan

finomenal

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
http://walterfootball.com/draft2020.php

Miami Dolphins: Jake Fromm, QB, Georgia
2019 NFL Mock Draft Pick (as of 12/27): Greedy Williams, CB

The Dolphins need to replace Ryan Tannehill, who has never developed into a good starting quarterback.

Jake Fromm was tremendous as a rookie for SEC champion Georgia. He has a great skill set and was the very early favorite to be the No. 1 pick in the 2020 NFL Draft. He struggled versus LSU, but that doesn't appear to be a downward trend.

Their 2019 mock, done more recently, has us taking Daniel Jones, negating the tanking plan

Daniel Jones is terrible. If Haskins or Murray were possible at 13 I'd go there otherwise yea go QB in 2020
This is where I stand. Haskins/Murray or wait until 2020. I don't like any of the other QB prospects in 2019. I'd probably take a flier on the kid from North Dakota State later in the draft.

I don't like Daniel Jones at all. I'd be furious with that pick.

Their 2019 mock, done more recently, has us taking Daniel Jones, negating the tanking plan
They've updated it, it's now Drew Lock. They have Jones going to the Jags at 6, which is crazy !!!

They also opened with this line, which almost had me stop reading right there:
"The Dolphins made a huge mistake in firing Adam Gase. "

Some team is definitely going to be reaching for a QB this year, I just hope it’s not the Dolphins.

They've updated it, it's now Drew Lock. They have Jones going to the Jags at 6, which is crazy !!!

They also opened with this line, which almost had me stop reading right there:
"The Dolphins made a huge mistake in firing Adam Gase. "

Didn't Walter Football hate Gase? and the hire? Walter Football just craps on the Dolphins. Really, it's a good strategy for him because he's usually right, and he doesn't have to think about it. Dolphins made a move? It was probably a bad one.

Didn't Walter Football hate Gase? and the hire? Walter Football just craps on the Dolphins. Really, it's a good strategy for him because he's usually right, and he doesn't have to think about it. Dolphins made a move? It was probably a bad one.

I love that site for draft info but yeah they crap on the Dolphins and more specifically Stephen Ross. For example the last mock has just cut and pasted the text from the previous one of the Jags taking Lock at #7 to the Dolphins at the #13, but then added the line about doing so as Ross is inept. But the Jags weren't inept when taking him at #7? Any excuse to take a shot.

Unfortunately it is absolutely the case that Walter continually uses his narratives and opinions to back up statements, and he's been very critical of Ross in the past. Hence the Gase firing got an F grade, the Jets hiring him got an A+ and I wouldn't be surprised if whoever we hire gets a low grade with another swipe at Ross. He shat on the Wilson signing and then spent the season downplaying anything good he did to reinforce his previous statements.

But yeah you're right, we make it easy for someone to do that.

Case in point, mock draft updated to reflect Kyler Murray declaring, big diatribe about how he shouldn't be drafted in the first, then of course mocked to the Dolphins as allegedly the first team on the board dumb enough to take him, including yet another Ross insult. Lock drops to Washington at #15, and line about him being taken in the first due to inept ownership removed. So Murray drops to us at #13 and is only taken there because Ross is an idiot, and the Jags were OK drafting Lock at #7, us taking him at #13 was due to inept ownership but Washington just two picks later is OK again.

I know mock drafts shouldn't be taken seriously this early but it's hard to trust anything this guy says about the Dolphins when he just uses it as a stick to beat someone he seems to have a serious disliking of.

Denver worse than us? I don't see Elway regressing that bad and NE at 4! A team in the final four this year will be a 5 to 6 win team the next? Be about our luck the get a QB

Denver worse than us? I don't see Elway regressing that bad and NE at 4! A team in the final four this year will be a 5 to 6 win team the next? Be about our luck the get a QB

That would be hilarious if New England won the Super Bowl this season and then next year something happens to Brady and they win only 2-3 games.

That locks up Tua. Belichick shrugs when asked about the circumstances.

I think it would be marvelously entertaining. Legendary, especially if New England bounced back immediately the following season. Then Tua allows Belichick to continue coaching well into his 70s.

If you're going to be hated then do it in a big unapologetic way.

Thought I read somewhere the guy running it is a Jets fan. I prefer reading Slimm, J-Off and CK in here.

Walter critiques approximately 95% of the moves Miami makes, and he has Miami picking in the top 5 of the following year's draft for as long as I can remember (edit: His really early ones are random aside from playoff teams). I put zero credence on his predictions more than approximately three weeks before the draft.

Back
Top Bottom