Walters vs. Rodgers | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Walters vs. Rodgers

I can see the Plummer/Rodgers comparison from a physical standpoint (though Plummer is a little more athletic), but I think Rodgers is a much better decision maker. To be honest, I don't recall watching Rodgers last year, so he may have been erratic. I have seen him 4 times this year though, and I've come away very impressed. He has great touch on the short passes and has excellent zip on the deep out. On a side note, I love the way Jeff Tedford runs this team. I think he'd make an excellent Head Coach candidate. Do you think we'll even consider him? Or any will any NFL team for that matter?

iceblizzard69 said:
Walter is pretty experienced. He played a lot as a freshman and has started full time since his sophomore season. At this point, he isn't raw on the college level. He's got a big arm, but some of the things he does are questionable. He looks like a QB who can be on the same level as Kerry Collins, has a big arm but makes too many mistakes.

Good comparison. He's got the type of size and arm strength that Kerry Collins has.

LIQUID24 said:
I can see the Plummer/Rodgers comparison from a physical standpoint (though Plummer is a little more athletic), but I think Rodgers is a much better decision maker. To be honest, I don't recall watching Rodgers last year, so he may have been erratic. I have seen 4 times this year though, and I've come away very impresses. He has great touch on the short passes and has excellent zip on the deep out. On side note, I love the way Jeff Tedford runs this team. I think he'd make an excellent Head Coach candidate. Do you think we'll even consider him? Or any will any NFL team for that matter?

Tedford has one thing going against him. He's never been a coach in the NFL. Now, he has coached in the CFL, but his entire career has been centered around the college game. He and Dirk Koetter at ASU are cut from the same cloth. Both are brilliant offensive tacticians and teachers of the quarterback position. I think Koetter may have a little NFL experience though, as I heard them mention him learning from Joe Gibbs and Dan Henning in Washington a while back.

iceblizzard69 said:
Walter is pretty experienced. He played a lot as a freshman and has started full time since his sophomore season. At this point, he isn't raw on the college level. He's got a big arm, but some of the things he does are questionable. He looks like a QB who can be on the same level as Kerry Collins, has a big arm but makes too many mistakes.
Yep, he is experienced, it just doesnt show though (at least to me).

Back
Top Bottom