wanna read something hillarious about the jets.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

wanna read something hillarious about the jets..

Tatonka

New Poppa
Reaction score
they got screwed.. rofl..

April 8, 2003 -- In a sudden development that was as shocking as it was disturbing, the Jets yesterday lost Chad Morton, one of their key role players, to the Redskins after a ruling by an arbitrator who, The Post has learned, is a Redskins season ticket holder.

http://www.nypost.com/sports/jets/33698.htm

:lol:

Originally posted by Tatonka
they got screwed.. rofl..

April 8, 2003 -- In a sudden development that was as shocking as it was disturbing, the Jets yesterday lost Chad Morton, one of their key role players, to the Redskins after a ruling by an arbitrator who, The Post has learned, is a Redskins season ticket holder.

http://www.nypost.com/sports/jets/33698.htm

:lol:

LOL....Couldnt happen to a better team!

i just hope that sleeze, snyder, doesnt come after the bills roster!..

I heard about that. Seems like he had a conflict of interest. Seems that not only was he a Redskins fan, but he overstepped his authority and veered from the CBA.

As much as I hate to say it, the Jets got screwed on this deal.

Thats what the NFL management arm is saying Muck but don't necessarily believe it. The truth of the matter is it means no more than partisan poiticians saying the Supreme Court stepped out of the bounds of the constitution when they ordered a stop to the recounts.

Keep in mind that this is a matter that has yet to be ruled on in any arbitration. The NFL management wing has always regarded voidable years as non-principle, and the NFLPA has always regarded them as principle. To this point I don't think any team has taken the chance by not including them in the contract. The Jets gambled, and the truth is this could have been an issue that was just waiting for a moment like this to rule that voidable years ARE indeed principle parts of the contract. And from now on, they will be regarded as such.

Keep in mind that until now voidable years were considered a staple in the "poison pill" type of contract which dissuades teams from matching. And honestly, I see no reason whatsoever why voidable years should not be deemed to be a principle part of the contract.

Also a NY Times article had this to say about the whole thing.

But according to a person with knowledge of the hearing, the Jets' loss may have also hinged on a technicality and the failure to write a letter.

The union's lawyers argued that the Jets did not properly attach the contract to the offer sheet, which they are required to do when matching an offer sheet. Further, the Jets could have buttressed their rights to match the offer by sending a note to Morton and Steinberg declaring their intention to match all material provisions of the offer sheet, no matter what they were. The Jets did not do that either.

The Jets basically just didn't cover their @ss on this issue, and rest assured that Richard Bloch having season tickets to the Redskins had nothing to do with the decision since he knew it would be scrutinized heavily, this being the FIRST TIME the issue of voidable years has ever reached an arbitrator.

Cool. Then the Jets just screwed themselves. Even better. Thanks for the knowledge, C. :up:

Great point CK. The Jets knew they were pushing the envelope and that's why they did not include a copy of the Redskins contract offer with their paper work as they were supposed to. As CK said they gambled and lost. Bradway needs tohave the definoition of match explained to him.

Back
Top Bottom