Wannstedt Has Players Upbeat / Dave Hyde Lets 'er Rip | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wannstedt Has Players Upbeat / Dave Hyde Lets 'er Rip

Muck

Now completely imaginary
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Wannstedt Has Players Upbeat

For a team on the verge of playoff elimination after two consecutive losses, the Dolphins were remarkably upbeat when meeting with reporters after Wednesday's practice.

FULL LINKAGE

Wanny's a little late with the motivation, but it's good to hear nonetheless

I like ot hear this.. They're making it the best possible experience possible.. Sounds like no self-pity is involved much unlike quotes from Monday night after the game...

I respect the positive outlook they are taking.. Hopefully it works out for the best..

"If you have to win to get in the playoffs, I guess you get to the point of desperation. Are we desperate for a win? Absolutely, we have to win the game. I think that kind of answers itself."

"We'll see. We've been here before so we know what it is going to take to get it done. It is just a matter of going out there and making it happen now. We know all the scenarios. The best thing is we know what we have to do. You have to go out there and win. If you do that, whatever else will happen will happen."

"It was a good, spirited practice. I was very impressed with the attitude, but this wasn't surprising. We came out here, our guys were focused and we had a good practice."

Those quotes were from last week's practice. They're always upbeat and confident during the week, but then gameday comes and they collapse.

I think Jim Jones also had everyone upbeat as they were drinking the kool aid.

Honestly I hate interviews. The replies are always the same. For example, "you guys were down by 14 only to come back and win by 3. How did the team gain enough momentum down the stretch to win? "Well we just hung in there and played our best. We had to remain confident and make plays" The answers are always the same. You expect the players to be depressed in public? I mean think about it, you get fined for picking your nose on TV in an interview it seems, let alone speaking poorly about some referee. Of course they are going to "seem" optimistic and upbeat. It's all a front. Guarantee it

Originally posted by lotion
I think Jim Jones also had everyone upbeat as they were drinking the kool aid.

Spooky!

Lotion, I didn't read this before I posted something "Jim Jones" related a minute ago.

What's up with that? :lol:

Originally posted by SmokeyPhinz
Honestly I hate interviews. The replies are always the same. For example, "you guys were down by 14 only to come back and win by 3. How did the team gain enough momentum down the stretch to win? "Well we just hung in there and played our best. We had to remain confident and make plays" The answers are always the same. You expect the players to be depressed in public? I mean think about it, you get fined for picking your nose on TV in an interview it seems, let alone speaking poorly about some referee. Of course they are going to "seem" optimistic and upbeat. It's all a front. Guarantee it

I was once told that the average person reads on a sixth grade level.

Newspapers write stories for us. :D

Originally posted by Muck

Dave Hyde just became Jason Taylor's favorite beat writer!! :up:

Damn, is that guy trying to burn all his bridges or what!! Or maybe he's just trying to show everyone that he's not scared of nuthin!! :D

:eek: Man, he let it rip!

lots of things to comment on in that article but is anyone else as sick of this little act as I am.....
With another loss, we'll get to hear Zach Thomas offer more inspirational quotes like, "We stink" and "We're terrible" and "This happens to us every December."

This is our team leader???? He says this crap every year.....I think he really believes it....note, that "we", includes Zach....who's to say this doesn't go through his head DURING the games.....:nono:

Back
Top Bottom