Wannstedt Savors Third Straight Victory | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wannstedt Savors Third Straight Victory

Also forgot to mention....

Defensive end Jason Taylor gave Wannstedt a game ball in the locker room, the first the coach could remember getting since his initial win with the Dolphins.

The Dolphins led by 21 points with 26 seconds remaining, and on second-and-goal from the 1, linebacker Zach Thomas intercepted a pass. Wannstedt threw his arms up, ran toward Thomas and hugged him.

He later gave the players the rest of the week off, and intended to take some downtime, too. He planned take his Harley Davidson motorcycle for a spin Friday afternoon with his daughter, expecting to get a lot more waves than he did just a few weeks ago.

you can just feel that this team is really starting to come together....

this 10 day break is just what this team needs...

wanny gets hammered a lot (even i had my shots once or twice)

but he doesn't get the credit for the defensive gamework he and bates put together/and thats what wins games

quote of the day: "Look at the look on parcels face; he looks like he just drank a quart of motoroil !" jim the man maddog

I will tell you what, if we beat NE and win out, I will put a picture of Dave Wannstedt over my computer and bow to it every freaking morning.
:D

Why do we all keep saying if we beat NE play the way we have on both sides of the field aint a team out there can stop us now ..Titans are strong they played us hurt. Griese is horrible fielder runs the offence like no other keep him in and we win

Originally posted by RikWriter
I will tell you what, if we beat NE and win out, I will put a picture of Dave Wannstedt over my computer and bow to it every freaking morning.
:D

No Rik I can't accept that. Watching DW, we understand, on the sidelines is tortureous enough for you...

Maybe, using a small DW pic sig for the rest of the year, might be more subtle?

Just trying to help a fan in distress. :)

GOOO FIIINZ

:cooldude:

I just heard on espn that if Dave wins out he would be a coach of the year candidate......If he wins, he would be only the sixth coach to win the coach of year honor TWICE.

The other five:

Don Shula
Tom Landry
Vince Lombardi
Bill Parcells
Dick Vermeil

Originally posted by ARealFinsFan
I just heard on espn that if Dave wins out he would be a coach of the year candidate......If he wins, he would be only the sixth coach to win the coach of year honor TWICE.

The other five:

Don Shula
Tom Landry
Vince Lombardi
Bill Parcells
Dick Vermeil

If the Dolphins wins out, Wannstedt still won't win coach of the year. This team was expected to go 12-4, reaching expectations doesn't get you that.

Coach of the Year candidates:
Marvin Lewis (my personal choice)
John Fox
Bill Parcells
Dick Vermeil
Bill Belichick

Those are the five main candidates and it will definitely go to one of those five. Outside of those, Tuny Dungy also has a chance. These guys have done amazing jobs with their teams and are all a million times better than Wannstedt.

This team should have been at least 8-4. Wannstedt has not done anything special. He isn't a good coach. He ruined the Chicago Bears franchise already, lets hope he doesn't ruin this one as well.

If we win out, Wannstedt would be responsible for saving a sinking ship. That should garner at least some consideration for coach of the year.

Originally posted by Disnardo

No Rik I can't accept that. Watching DW, we understand, on the sidelines is tortureous enough for you...

Maybe, using a small DW pic sig for the rest of the year, might be more subtle?

Just trying to help a fan in distress. :)

GOOO FIIINZ

:cooldude:

I'd be happy to do that, but I am not sure if I can FIND a Dave Wannstedt pic for my sig that doesn't look goofy. :D

I wouldnt say he ruined Chicago.. Chicago is 4 years removed from Wannstadt and suck even WORSE now!

I agree though.. Coach of the Year should definately go to Marvin Lewis!

Back
Top Bottom