Wanny Added to Bills Staff | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wanny Added to Bills Staff

Wow, really makes you wonder why? Edwards is a Saban guy who likes a 34 D that attacks the offense..

Wanny is a Jimmy Johnson guy who prefers a conservative 43.

Wow, really makes you wonder why? Edwards is a Saban guy who likes a 34 D that attacks the offense..

Wanny is a Jimmy Johnson guy who prefers a conservative 43.

It's the Bills, dude. People like to rag on our front office saying they have no idea what they're doing...

It's the Bills, dude. People like to rag on our front office saying they have no idea what they're doing...

Very true..But I am thinking they are adding as much defensive fire power..Gailey was able to generate alot of offense last year. The D was the big problem. Wanny does know D, not sure how familiar he is with a 34 tho.

Wanny is a decent addition for them. Definitely not a Mike Nolan type of hire, but he will improve their defense. Though I am sure Edwards is not happy that his power is likely going to be diminished with Wanny looking over his shoulder. As much as we dislike Wanny, can't knock the Bills for hiring him.

Bills fans better hope that Gailey doesn't get fired now that we know who is next up on deck...

With the Bills running a Hyrbid Defense. I like that there is a 3-4 guy Edwards and a 4-3 Guy Wanny on the staff.

They were only running a "Hybrid Defense" because they didnt have the pieces to play a true 34. My opinion is that there is going to be a huge conflict between the 2 of them on how the Bills D is going to run..I see Gailey taking Wanny side of course.. Wanny is not nearly as good as your making him out to be..When he won as a d coord. he was winning with great talent at the U and in Dallas...The Bills are void of such talent at this time..(Not saying that cant aquire it). Also you may wanna note that Wanny has done nothing without riding Jimmy Johnson's coat tails..Without Jimmy (With Bears and Pitt) He was dreadful. Pitt was the favorite every year to be big east champs (In a weak big east) but yea he did nothing.

With the Bills running a Hyrbid Defense. I like that there is a 3-4 guy Edwards and a 4-3 Guy Wanny on the staff.
Hybrid D's can be caught with wrong personnel on the field to easy, we tried it this year, mind you without the talent, but you have to have a few impact players that can fit both schemes. Kyle Williams by himself doesn't cut it.

He is the LB coach, which is an area in dire need of improvement.

They'll draft a running back at 3 and go 4 and 5th round lbs and cbs as usual. lol.

They were only running a "Hybrid Defense" because they didnt have the pieces to play a true 34. My opinion is that there is going to be a huge conflict between the 2 of them on how the Bills D is going to run..I see Gailey taking Wanny side of course.. Wanny is not nearly as good as your making him out to be..When he won as a d coord. he was winning with great talent at the U and in Dallas...The Bills are void of such talent at this time..(Not saying that cant aquire it). Also you may wanna note that Wanny has done nothing without riding Jimmy Johnson's coat tails..Without Jimmy (With Bears and Pitt) He was dreadful. Pitt was the favorite every year to be big east champs (In a weak big east) but yea he did nothing.
True, he's not the 2nd coming of Dom Capers, but he has had success. Whether there are power struggles or everyone moves toward a common goal is yet to be seen within the Bills coaching ranks. He is respected and the Bills are better for hiring him in the long run.

This draft will speak for itself as to what kind of D they are going to put on the field. They already picked up some developing, but certainly not spectacular talent in Moats, Carrington, Troup, a couple others, who should contribute their 2nd yr. FA who knows?
It will be interesting.

Maybe Miami and Buffalo will be neck in neck for last place in the division come next Dec. with his help on D.

True, he's not the 2nd coming of Dom Capers, but he has had success. Whether there are power struggles or everyone moves toward a common goal is yet to be seen within the Bills coaching ranks. He is respected and the Bills are better for hiring him in the long run.

This draft will speak for itself as to what kind of D they are going to put on the field. They already picked up some developing, but certainly not spectacular talent in Moats, Carrington, Troup, a couple others, who should contribute their 2nd yr. FA who knows?
It will be interesting.

Maybe Miami and Buffalo will be neck in neck for last place in the division come next Dec. with his help on D.

Honestly you may have not needed Wanny to compete for last place with us..Cause its looking like we will be at the bottom again. There is something good about Continuity Bills dont really have that.. They go from a 4-3 to a 3-4. Were embarassed because of it. They go back to a 4-3. Sign Merriman a classic 3-4 OLB, Start showing some more 3-4 looks. Now they hire a Lb's/ Assistant HC in Wanny who prefers a 43. Its just not the right move unless they are going to get rid of Edwards..Which wont be a bad thing..But then what? Do they purge the roster again of all the 34 guys that they just drafted?

Dolphins and Bills aren't that bad, so it shouldn't be a given they'll be battling for last place. With the right moves they can make a jump in 2011, It happens every season. It's obviously very early, but the teams looking most likely to make the jump to the playoffs or at least be in contention to the very end in 2011 would be Buccaneers, Rams, Lions, Dolphins, Jaguars, Cowboys. Bills or 49ers could be okay bets. The Bills might have a QB, if they can fix the D they'll be tough. Dolphins obviously have the D but seem to be missing the QB and need O-Line help, so it all depends on what they can do with that offense to improve. And the coaching staff is desperate to make the playoffs, on the hot seat this year.

Jets have a lot of contacts that will be up, and I really don't think players like Santonio Holmes and Braylon Edwards will want more one-year deals. This is their big chance. I wouldn't be surprised if they made the playoffs again in 2011 because of solid D and good coaching, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they fell backwards.

Back
Top Bottom