Wanny demoted, not fired? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wanny demoted, not fired?

Disgustipate

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
I think we should demote Wannstedt, not fire him. What I think most people have lost here in the shuffle is that our defense has started changing.

The catalyst for this change, IMO, is Wanny. This offseason he took over more defensive planning with Bates, and it's helped.

We've seen more different stunts, alignments, and formations then we have in years. We've gone into zone coverage(Which many people screamed about). We've also gone into our effective "Tiger" Defense, too.

Maybe I wasnt paying attention correctly, but I could have swore we threw out some other stunts. I never caught it until after the tackle was made, but Tommy Hendricks and Arturo Freeman did get playing time.

I also could have swore we went into some 3 lineman packages that wasnt our "Tiger" or Dime/Quarter packages.

I think Wanny would quit before taking a demotion...He might end up a D coord on somebodys staff but not ours...

i think he will be demoted i.e. he won't be the g.m. anymore if he gets in the playoffs, and if he doesn't get in, he'll be outright fired

demotion...are you kidding me...it has never happened (i can't remember this ever happening in the NFL)...no way that Wanny takes a back seat. He probably would rather be fired.

If Jimmy Johnson takes the HC job with the G-Men...I could see Wanny become the DC for Jimmy if Wanny gets fired. Hey...maybe even Norv could go up there and become the OC for Jimmy.

Come to think of it...I seriously would not mind seeing this Fins organization getting rid of this Dallas-Miami connection for GOOD!!!

I definately dont think Bates should be the HC. I credit our defensive changes to Wannstedt. This offseason, wasnt it, that Wannstedt started helping out on Defense?

Notice we suddenly add so many different formations that we previously would not use?

Originally posted by Sal Lisitano
demotion...are you kidding me...it has never happened (i can't remember this ever happening in the NFL)...no way that Wanny takes a back seat. He probably would rather be fired.

If Jimmy Johnson takes the HC job with the G-Men...I could see Wanny become the DC for Jimmy if Wanny gets fired. Hey...maybe even Norv could go up there and become the OC for Jimmy.

Come to think of it...I seriously would not mind seeing this Fins organization getting rid of this Dallas-Miami connection for GOOD!!!

Agreed THe Dallas Dolphins have got to go!

Back
Top Bottom