Wanny, Fiedler, & Co. (merged) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wanny, Fiedler, & Co. (merged)

NoleFish

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Wanny, Fiedler & Co.

I feel I'm one of the few that give Wanny and Fiedler a lot of credit for what they've done. I really feel Fiedler has a few years under his belt now under center and now in his second year under Norv. If he can stay healthy this year, look out Phin Fans! He will impress a lot of people including the media.

Wannstedt deserves a lot of props as well as our owner Wayne H. for keeping him. Dave has worked his butt off and has maintained a sound nucleous on our team over the years with wise decision-making and cap restraints. My only knock on Wanny is his propensity to be a bit conservative in crunch time. If he allows Norv to turn the dogs loose if we're in the lead during a game, I think that will send a loud message to our team that we want a killer instinct. "When we got 'em down, let's put a fork in them!" You couple that with fresh blood, leadership, and a killer instinct in Sammy Knight and Junior Seau, you've got the making of an awesome team headed to the Super Bowl. On my last note, if our team can stay relatively healthy (especially in key positions) in December, a first round bye in the playoff will be much needed considering we get our regular season bye all the way back in September. I don't care how healthy we are in December. These guys will be bone tired come the end of the season and it will be difficult to get on a roll as a team. Noticed I said TEAM???

Like the Bible say; if you don't have something good to say, than dont say anything at all. Good observation my friend and welcome aboard..

I was also always behind Wanny and Fiedler...:welcome: to the best Dolphin site on the net! You will find the latest news, and rumors on the site and people opinions and views on every different topic. Welcome man!

Welcome aboard! I agree w/ the conservative angle: I feel that a touchdown should be scored at every opportunity. IF the score is 50-10 (Miami w/ the 50 :D ) you won't hear me complain. Score as many points as possible and let God sort them out!

Originally posted by VictorVonCrunk
Welcome aboard! I agree w/ the conservative angle: I feel that a touchdown should be scored at every opportunity. IF the score is 50-10 (Miami w/ the 50 :D ) you won't hear me complain. Score as many points as possible and let God sort them out!

I always felt that the conservative angle was the less aggressive one that scores 10 points while ball controlling as oppossed to an offense that wins 50-10. Anyways, I agree. Run up the scoreboard if we can, show no mercy.

I agree with you on Dave, as for Jay he is hurt already, maybe not serious, but still the guy gets hurt even when no one touches him!

Well welcome to the "other side". I do not feel Jay or Wanny have lived up to championship caliber yet. I approve of Wanny more than Jay based on aquiring some talent. But now he has to figure out how to win with them and get this late season slump out of thier heads.

That is based on what they have done the past three years. I hope this is the year they do it. If not I doubt we will see either back next year.

I'm all for Jay, but with Wanny, I'm what you would call a "fence sitter".

I really like him as a coach, but then again, he hasn't done much late in the season or in the playoffs to make him standout from the rest.

IMO, he needs to take this year's team to the AFC Championship game or (hopefully) farther.

If not, I think he could be in a serious jeopardy with his job.

IMO

Can you tell me what IMO mean? I have seen that a few times in posts and camp reports and don't know what it means.

Thanks!

Re: IMO

Originally posted by NoleFish
Can you tell me what IMO mean? I have seen that a few times in posts and camp reports and don't know what it means.

Thanks!

In
My
Opinion

IMO

Thanks!

Wanny, Fiedler, & Co.

One other note on Wanny. When we have have a team down, that doesn't mean he has to come out of his shell and throw the ball on every down. He can stay balanced and keep the opposition guessing. What I don't like to see is him sitting on a lead, give Ricky the rock on first and second down, then throw the ball on third to convert. A lot of teams in the league know this of Wanny and put 8 guys in the box almost on every down then make it difficult for us to convert that third down.

It depends on the situation. What you are wanting is exactly what unfolded at the end of the pats game last season. We ran passing plays on first and second down. Both resulted in either a loss or a drop. Then on third we were stuck with third and WAY long. Needless to say we had to punt from our own endzone and you know the rest.

Not to mention that the Pats had massive amounts of old mo in their favor, and the best way to stop that is to sloooooowww the game down with your franchise player. And our franchise player is Ricky.

Whereas, if we had ran the ball three straight times and punted (at worst--Ricky probably would have gotten the first. He already had 170 yards or something), they would not have had enough time to run. Like TMQ on page2 says, people forget that with a lead late in the game, your enemy is not the other team, but rather the clock.

I do think that they are going to change it up more this year. But it simply makes sense to get it in the hands of our best player as much as possible. And that is Ricky.

Welcome Nolefish to Finheaven, glad to meet ya!!! Now IMO, the Fin's coaches have been addressing this problem with teams putting 8 guys in the box to stop us. To see if we have fixed a portion of this problem remains to be seen.

Back
Top Bottom