wanny found out why we play afc east teams on road late in season | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

wanny found out why we play afc east teams on road late in season

jd13

Starter
Reaction score
in the latest issue of dolphin digest ,wanny explains that the reasoning behind it is because in case the marlins make the playoffs...we got to have 2 division games late in the season because we can always swap division games....we dont have that luxury with teams we play once a year...as long as we share a home with the marlins, the nfl will continue to handle our schedule that way...at least there is a legitimate explanation for it...and now we know why...it still sucks...

:confused: So why don't they schedule all our division games to occur before the baseball playoffs begin? Sounds like a lame excuse too me. Why should a football team be penalized because the city has a baseball team?

can someone please kick the Marlins out to Puerto Rico???? I heard theyre looking for a baseball team.

Originally posted by fairbanksb
:confused: So why don't they schedule all our division games to occur before the baseball playoffs begin? Sounds like a lame excuse too me. Why should a football team be penalized because the city has a baseball team?

What fun would it be to play all of your divisional games in September/early October?? It would lessen the importance of the rest of your season.

Another reason it wouldn't be good is momentum. While it would likely be a good thing for us (since we start out on fire), we all know that the season is 16 games. And plenty of teams (such as last year's Jets, Titans) start cold and then catch fire. It's great when teams face for a 2nd time and one team is vastly improved.

Injuries are another factor. There wouldn't be quite an onus on a player getting back ASAP if he was gonna miss the first 8 weeks of the season.

You gotta love the season being on the line in Week 17.

If that is the case then why don't they schedule the away games at the beginning of the season and have the home games here in Nov, Dec when there isn't any baseball?? That still does not make sense to me at all

Originally posted by MNFINFAN
If that is the case then why don't they schedule the away games at the beginning of the season and have the home games here in Nov, Dec when there isn't any baseball?? That still does not make sense to me at all
My thoughts exactly.

Originally posted by MNFINFAN

Then we'd lose our September home field advantage. The heat is a killer!!

Pray for the Marlins to make the playoffs!!! That way we would have to play in NE or Buffalo early!

Originally posted by Muck

Then we'd lose our September home field advantage. The heat is a killer!!

Yea - there's no heat like the heat in Miami at 6 PM. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by SkapePhin
Pray for the Marlins to make the playoffs!!! That way we would have to play in NE or Buffalo early!

Whats the current situation with Florida Marlins?? Are they going to make the playoffs??

Back
Top Bottom