wanny found out why we play afc east teams on road late in season | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

wanny found out why we play afc east teams on road late in season

Doesnt matter when it is, the heat is not the only factor. Crowd noise to make audibles tough, false starts, and keep refs from calling physical coverage too much on borderline plays make the Phins perhaps the best outdoor homefield advantage there is.
The talent you have on D can make any game a win, the factors of homefield that Phin fans make possible for homefield combine to make your team playoff intense on per week basis.

Heat is just one factor that affects both teams. The other factors (physical play, noise) are much more important when it combines with what your team has established as its strentgh- defense and running.

Last edited by a moderator:
Baseball doesn't suck. For some boys, it's their only activity with strong male role models because their single mom's are too busy making "ferries" out of them and will not let them play football.

On that note. It would be

Professional Baseball sucks. :lol:

Originally posted by jd13
in the latest issue of dolphin digest ,wanny explains that the reasoning behind it is because in case the marlins make the playoffs...we got to have 2 division games late in the season because we can always swap division games....we dont have that luxury with teams we play once a year...as long as we share a home with the marlins, the nfl will continue to handle our schedule that way...at least there is a legitimate explanation for it...and now we know why...it still sucks...

Dang.. Yet another reason to hate the Marlins. The fact that the Marlin franchise has that much of a negative affect on the Fins really sucks. Can't wait for them to leave..... whenever that may be..... if ever.

Originally posted by Rebar71

Yea - there's no heat like the heat in Miami at 6 PM. :rolleyes:

Are you seriously going to tell us Rebar that the S. FL. heat isn't a factor on opposing teams? Tell the opposing teams that while they are sitting under the barrage of cool mist fans those teams bring in for their heaving players to sit under. Meanwhile the Fins players don't even have them and could care less since they practiced in that heat all summer. It is in fact a factor against northern teams. That would be like saying the cold isn't a factor that works against the Fins when they play up north.

Originally posted by Rebar71

Yea - there's no heat like the heat in Miami at 6 PM. :rolleyes:

I remember when I first went to florida, it was after boot camp, got on the plane in the late afternoon, and arrived in Orlando at about 7 PM at the end of April.

As soon as I stepped outside the humidity nearly knocked me off my feet, we actually had guys that had to sit down and rest, and we just finished with Boot camp so we were in pretty good shape.

The humidity IS a killer down there, regardless of the time of day.

Originally posted by ZOD
Baseball doesn't suck. For some boys, it's their only activity with strong male role models because their single mom's are too busy making "ferries" out of them and will not let them play football.

On that note. It would be

Professional Baseball sucks. :lol:

I heard somebody sum it up quite nicely, and I couldent agree with them more...

"Love the game, hate the sport."

Sums up my feelings on baseball quite nicely.

Just another reason to kick the Marlins out. However, I hope they make the playoffs now so we might be able to swap the NE game!

Sorry guys, the NE swap ain't gunna happen. The only way it could have happened is if the National League had won the all-star game. This year, since Selig (the commish of MLB) is such an idiot, home-field in the World Series was determined by which league won the all-star game. Had the National League won and the Marlins made the world series, game three of the series would have conflicted with our home game with NE. Because the American League won, game three will be played in an American League ball park and there is absolutely no chance of swapping with NE.

BTW, I disagree with all who said that baseball sucks. I just happen to love the game and root almost as hard for my Marlins as I do for my Dolphins.

THIS IS AN ABSOLUTE B.S. REASON. It makes no sense at all really. If this is the case, why isn't the early game just scheduled at New England or Buffalo. This way we are covered if the Marlins advance far. This makes a lot more sense than having to maybe swap a game. That would create chaos. IT IS AN ABSOLUTE BS REASON, THINK ABOUT IT!!!!!! IT REALLY PISSES ME OFF we get screwed by scheduling every year!!!!!

Originally posted by Capt. Dick
The Marlins need their own stadium. Period.

No way....The Marlins don't deserve a new stadium. They can have Pro Player and let's build a state of the art stadium for our beloved Fins.

Yes... and then lets name it Enron stadium! Or does the company have to be in buisness first.... and then go under after we name the stadium after em in order for us to keep the name? :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom